“Small & beautiful place to stay!! Amazing penthouse!!”

Bougainvillea Guest House Goa
Ranked #2 of 65 Hotels in Candolim
Chennai (Madras), India
“Small & beautiful place to stay!! Amazing penthouse!!”
Reviewed January 27, 2014

We stayed in this guest house & loved this place. penthouse was just amazing with a big terrace, living room & big sized bedroom. You could see the light coming from lighthouse in the night standing in terrace. Its walk able from the beach. Can't comment more on the food as we were taking only breakfast there which was good. overall we loved this place & will be back again if touring to North Goa.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (161)
Hadlow, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 26, 2014

My husband and I arrived at Bourgainvillea tired from our long journey. We were greeted by the team on arrival after our collection from the airport my the wonderful Mario. As we arrived late we ate a wonderful fish supper cooked by Freddie and after an evening stroll to stretch our legs after our long flight settled into our beautiful room. Very large with a sitting room and bedroom. We only used the bedroom as it was so big and had a beautiful balcony surrounded by flowers. I must say this is the best holiday accommodation we have ever stayed in. Beautifully clean, very spacious, fresh towels and flowers; wonderful! One of my favourite times when I am on holiday is breakfast time and we couldn't have asked for better. Fresh fruit salad, lovely warm bread and a large selection of every breakfast item you can think of. The whole team were on hand all day for anything we needed. We were looked after impeccably by everyone with such care and attention. This is unique hospitality at its' best and I really hope we are fortunate enough to return. Thank you Lourenco, Freddie, Mario and all the boys. We look forward to seeing you all again sometime and we wish you all the best. Maria & Jon x

Room Tip: We stayed in the Hibiscus Suite which was beautiful, however all the the rooms are a very high stand...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Maria L
hertfordshire
Reviewed January 22, 2014 via mobile

Booked this through reading the previous reviews on trip advisor. As we usually stay in Baga at Colonia Santa Maria.q But much preferred our stay here at Bougainvillea.Everything everybody has all ready said is true. It was just perfect. Room was good size very clean and had the added little touches of fresh flowers. In the bedroom you had a locked drawer in the wardrobe with 2 added locked doors which I thought was a good idea. Felt our things were kept safe . Then there was security on the door in the evening so you felt secure at all times. The bedding And towels were spotless ,bathroom was good size always hot water. Breakfast was really good plenty of choice and very pleasant sitting in the garden. Lourenco and his staff couldn't do enough for you thought the stay. Used Mario the taxi driver who was lovely and felt safe with him and his driving.
It was just a short walk through a residential street to the beach road. Would recommend to walk round the fort . And the other side of the fort and lighthouse.
Visited some lovely restaurants Victors ( have to pre book and pre order food as it's brought in fresh for that evening and there are only 4 tables).
We ate at the Stone house which is near to the guest house as is the Italian Tuscany Gardens both were good. We had meals at Angaara which we found ourselves , and Inferno's both on Candolim main beach road. Mario recomennded Soumyen's Kitchen. Chef has worked on cruise ships and comes out to chat with you at the end of the evening. Excellent. We went to Baga as we usually stay there and Jamie's was as good as ever. East meets west has moved its right down the road by the river, was over priced and wouldn't go back. Bon appetite which was local to guest house dissappointing starters and mains all came out together. Susie Lobo's at Calangute was like sitting in a cattle shed in a cattle market. We were recomended to the Fishermans Grove but we went to the wrong one. One is next to the Highland apartments but we went to the wrong one further up the road, plastic table tables and chairs was fantastic. We did our usually trip to the Greek restaurant.very busy and loud. Food wasn't hot. Wouldn't rush back.
We booked the overnight trip to Palolem South Goa with John's boat tours. Staying in a beach hut. Information not exactly correct as you don't get a front facing hut looking at the sea you get one set back. Taxi driver was mental overtaking 3 cars at a time very dangerous. Did not feel safe.
Loved staying at this guest house staff couldn't do enough for you would recommend and will stay again. Loved every moment. Thank you for a fantastic holiday everything you did and recommendations . Thank you to everyone at Bougainvillea.

Stayed December 2013
Reviewed January 17, 2014 via mobile

In March last year my wife and dearest friend Lorna along with myself had the wonderful experience of staying here for the first time.

My review at the time stated that though we'd visited Goa more than twenty times over the previous twenty two years, we'd never found a more peaceful , friendly and hospitable place to stay.

We were extremely excited and pleased that we managed to secure rooms for three weeks in December last as we realise just how much this little Eden must be in demand. We even managed to stay in the very same rooms as before, which we'd asked for, if possible, which were wonderful.

It was like coming home to see family, nothing had changed. Lourenco, Freddie and Agnello were there to greet us like extended family. We were equally delighted to see them.
Sadly a couple of staff had since retired, but were replaced by a couple of very likeable newcomers. We slotted right in as before, like we'd hardly been away for nine months.

My sister who lives in Germany was linking up with me the next day and was also staying here for her first time. She has travelled the world extensively and has been fortunate enough to have always stayed in the finest hotels. But that didn't deter me when I arranged her stay here. I know that fine hotels can give you luxury and the best service but what they lack is the homely , personal touch that one receives here at Bougainvillia. Indeed she was not disappointed. Lourenco arranged Peter, a friendly careful taxi driver neighbour,to pick her up at the airport .
She enjoyed her every minute of her stay, here as we all did.
I introduced her to Freddie's tasty masala omelettes and masala tea, which she, like myself, enjoyed for breakfast.
But whatever Freddie cooks for you is superb. Actually Lourenco himself, who is not too proud to lend a hand in the kitchen at times, cooks a mean masala omelette himself. Freddie watch out....

So what can I add that I haven't said already in my review in March 2013 , titled " A little Eden" not a lot, only that, there's nothing broke, so nothing to fix. It was in every way as pleasurable stay as before. Sadly over too soon. Warmth hospitable greeting every day, utmost cleanliness of rooms and guesthouse completely. Peaceful and quiet.
Attentive service at all times. Food delicious and genuine friendly smiles at all times.

Thank you Lourenco, Freddie, Agnello and others, who's names escape me just now, for making our stay so delightful.
I and I'm sure I can speak on behalf of the others in my company then, enjoyed our stay tremendously and will, God willing, hopefully return yet again.

Jules and Ros D'Silva

Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank lerenzo
New Delhi, India
Reviewed January 10, 2014

Its was good experince with above Guest House in Goa with family. Good Staff & good service.

Having read all the reviews about the Bougainvillea the reality did not fall short of expectation. staff worked tirelessly to make our stay as comfortable as possible nothing was too much trouble. The breakfast which is served in the garden was excellent with lots of choice from toast and Bread

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank 786Anil1983
Market Deeping, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 2, 2014

My partner & I travelled out to Candolim on the 16th November '13 for three weeks, and it was our pleasure to be staying yet again at the Bougainvillea Guest House. We arrived fairly early on the Sunday morning having been met at the airport by the ever smiling Mario, and were greeted as old friends by Freddie & Agnelo who kindly sat us in the restaurant area and offered us fresh juice, tea & warm Goan bread, allowing us to relax after our rather long journey. Lourenco arrived shortly after this and again we were greeted as if we were members of his family. Our holiday had begun, we were back! The following week my cousin flew out to join us, and this being her first Goan experience she didn't know what to expect. I think it took about 3 days for her to say "when I come back the next time...."
I can honestly say that this is probably one of the best accommodations I have ever stayed in, anywhere. From the moment you arrive until the day you leave Lourenco, Freddie & ALL the team at the Bougainvillea Guest House do their upmost to make you feel comfortable and at home, nothing is too much trouble, so you can relax and make the most of your stay.
We would like to thank the whole "Bougainvillea family" for everything, (Freddie...your Marsala Omelette’s are the best!) and we can hardly wait to see you all again in 2015!

Room Tip: All the rooms are wonderful, clean, A/C & fridge.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
4 Thank flyingfish66
East Kilbride
Reviewed December 29, 2013 via mobile

Have to say this is one of the nicest places we have ever stayed in, we travelled with friends who stayed here before and now know why they return again and again, nothing is too much trouble for Laurenco and his family, not to mention Freddies wonderful breakfasts! Rooms were spotless with the comfiest beds too, and ask to have laundry fine all came back washed and ironed for just a couple of £, Thank you all of you for the best holiday ever, can't wait to see you all again next November

Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
4 Thank fiona118
Also consider these accommodations in or near Candolim
Seashell Beach Suites
Shanti Morada
Shanti Morada
#1 of 2 in Saligao
Whispering Palms Beach Resort

Been to Bougainvillea Guest House Goa? Share your experiences!