Booked this through reading the previous reviews on trip advisor. As we usually stay in Baga at Colonia Santa Maria.q But much preferred our stay here at Bougainvillea.Everything everybody has all ready said is true. It was just perfect. Room was good size very clean and had the added little touches of fresh flowers. In the bedroom you had a locked drawer in the wardrobe with 2 added locked doors which I thought was a good idea. Felt our things were kept safe . Then there was security on the door in the evening so you felt secure at all times. The bedding And towels were spotless ,bathroom was good size always hot water. Breakfast was really good plenty of choice and very pleasant sitting in the garden. Lourenco and his staff couldn't do enough for you thought the stay. Used Mario the taxi driver who was lovely and felt safe with him and his driving.
It was just a short walk through a residential street to the beach road. Would recommend to walk round the fort . And the other side of the fort and lighthouse.
Visited some lovely restaurants Victors ( have to pre book and pre order food as it's brought in fresh for that evening and there are only 4 tables).
We ate at the Stone house which is near to the guest house as is the Italian Tuscany Gardens both were good. We had meals at Angaara which we found ourselves , and Inferno's both on Candolim main beach road. Mario recomennded Soumyen's Kitchen. Chef has worked on cruise ships and comes out to chat with you at the end of the evening. Excellent. We went to Baga as we usually stay there and Jamie's was as good as ever. East meets west has moved its right down the road by the river, was over priced and wouldn't go back. Bon appetite which was local to guest house dissappointing starters and mains all came out together. Susie Lobo's at Calangute was like sitting in a cattle shed in a cattle market. We were recomended to the Fishermans Grove but we went to the wrong one. One is next to the Highland apartments but we went to the wrong one further up the road, plastic table tables and chairs was fantastic. We did our usually trip to the Greek restaurant.very busy and loud. Food wasn't hot. Wouldn't rush back.
We booked the overnight trip to Palolem South Goa with John's boat tours. Staying in a beach hut. Information not exactly correct as you don't get a front facing hut looking at the sea you get one set back. Taxi driver was mental overtaking 3 cars at a time very dangerous. Did not feel safe.
Loved staying at this guest house staff couldn't do enough for you would recommend and will stay again. Loved every moment. Thank you for a fantastic holiday everything you did and recommendations . Thank you to everyone at Bougainvillea.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Bougainvillea Guest House Goa is built with a Portuguese colonial mansion in mind, the perfect luxury for your holiday. This idyllic location is one of North Goa's very much sought after holiday destinations. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Expedia and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Bougainvillea Guest House Goa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bougainvillea Guest House Goa Hotel Candolim
- Bougainvillea Guest House Goa Candolim