“Return to Eden”

Bougainvillea Guest House Goa
Ranked #2 of 67 Hotels in Candolim
Reviewed January 17, 2014 via mobile

In March last year my wife and dearest friend Lorna along with myself had the wonderful experience of staying here for the first time.

My review at the time stated that though we'd visited Goa more than twenty times over the previous twenty two years, we'd never found a more peaceful , friendly and hospitable place to stay.

We were extremely excited and pleased that we managed to secure rooms for three weeks in December last as we realise just how much this little Eden must be in demand. We even managed to stay in the very same rooms as before, which we'd asked for, if possible, which were wonderful.

It was like coming home to see family, nothing had changed. Lourenco, Freddie and Agnello were there to greet us like extended family. We were equally delighted to see them.
Sadly a couple of staff had since retired, but were replaced by a couple of very likeable newcomers. We slotted right in as before, like we'd hardly been away for nine months.

My sister who lives in Germany was linking up with me the next day and was also staying here for her first time. She has travelled the world extensively and has been fortunate enough to have always stayed in the finest hotels. But that didn't deter me when I arranged her stay here. I know that fine hotels can give you luxury and the best service but what they lack is the homely , personal touch that one receives here at Bougainvillia. Indeed she was not disappointed. Lourenco arranged Peter, a friendly careful taxi driver neighbour,to pick her up at the airport .
She enjoyed her every minute of her stay, here as we all did.
I introduced her to Freddie's tasty masala omelettes and masala tea, which she, like myself, enjoyed for breakfast.
But whatever Freddie cooks for you is superb. Actually Lourenco himself, who is not too proud to lend a hand in the kitchen at times, cooks a mean masala omelette himself. Freddie watch out....

So what can I add that I haven't said already in my review in March 2013 , titled " A little Eden" not a lot, only that, there's nothing broke, so nothing to fix. It was in every way as pleasurable stay as before. Sadly over too soon. Warmth hospitable greeting every day, utmost cleanliness of rooms and guesthouse completely. Peaceful and quiet.
Attentive service at all times. Food delicious and genuine friendly smiles at all times.

Thank you Lourenco, Freddie, Agnello and others, who's names escape me just now, for making our stay so delightful.
I and I'm sure I can speak on behalf of the others in my company then, enjoyed our stay tremendously and will, God willing, hopefully return yet again.

Jules and Ros D'Silva

Stayed: December 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank lerenzo

Reviewed January 10, 2014

Its was good experince with above Guest House in Goa with family. Good Staff & good service.

Having read all the reviews about the Bougainvillea the reality did not fall short of expectation. staff worked tirelessly to make our stay as comfortable as possible nothing was too much trouble. The breakfast which is served in the garden was excellent with lots of choice from toast and Bread

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank 786Anil1983
Reviewed January 2, 2014

My partner & I travelled out to Candolim on the 16th November '13 for three weeks, and it was our pleasure to be staying yet again at the Bougainvillea Guest House. We arrived fairly early on the Sunday morning having been met at the airport by the ever smiling Mario, and were greeted as old friends by Freddie & Agnelo who kindly sat us in the restaurant area and offered us fresh juice, tea & warm Goan bread, allowing us to relax after our rather long journey. Lourenco arrived shortly after this and again we were greeted as if we were members of his family. Our holiday had begun, we were back! The following week my cousin flew out to join us, and this being her first Goan experience she didn't know what to expect. I think it took about 3 days for her to say "when I come back the next time...."
I can honestly say that this is probably one of the best accommodations I have ever stayed in, anywhere. From the moment you arrive until the day you leave Lourenco, Freddie & ALL the team at the Bougainvillea Guest House do their upmost to make you feel comfortable and at home, nothing is too much trouble, so you can relax and make the most of your stay.
We would like to thank the whole "Bougainvillea family" for everything, (Freddie...your Marsala Omelette’s are the best!) and we can hardly wait to see you all again in 2015!

Room Tip: All the rooms are wonderful, clean, A/C & fridge.
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
4  Thank flyingfish66
Reviewed December 29, 2013 via mobile

Have to say this is one of the nicest places we have ever stayed in, we travelled with friends who stayed here before and now know why they return again and again, nothing is too much trouble for Laurenco and his family, not to mention Freddies wonderful breakfasts! Rooms were spotless with the comfiest beds too, and ask to have laundry fine all came back washed and ironed for just a couple of £, Thank you all of you for the best holiday ever, can't wait to see you all again next November

Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
4  Thank fiona118
Reviewed December 29, 2013

Having read all the reviews about the Bougainvillea the reality did not fall short of expectation. Lourenco and all his staff worked tirelessly to make our stay as comfortable as possible nothing was too much trouble. The breakfast which is served in the garden was excellent with lots of choice from toast and Goan bread, eggs cooked in various ways, fruit and bacon and egg. Rooms are clean and comfortable with a well stocked refrigerator.
We will definitely be making a return visit.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Thewoolies33
Reviewed December 28, 2013

Mario and his team are indeed a pleasant surprise when you stay at Bougainvillea. From the morning breakfast to the dinner, the food was great. Loved the way property has been maintained. My husband is now a fan of chef's seafood...would definitely come back!!

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank vidhugoyal
Reviewed December 24, 2013

Smiles are all u will b having throughout the stay in Bougainvillea.. Right from the affable Mario who greeted us for pickup to the guesthouse.. till Lourenco who personally dropped us at d bus stop to continue our journey to south goa.. and of course Freddie's breakfast to start d day.
The check-in took a little time ..but once v entered d room it was obvious, d reason for the delay was spotlessly clean spacious rooms wit fresh flowers to greet us. Every little request was attended, bike arranged, room cleaned daily, detailed attention was given to our preferences and Lourenco guided us throughout our stay on d best places to go . It was so peaceful and relatively close to all d major beaches and attractions in north goa that it felt like home away from home.
We will definitely be going back when in goa.
A big thumbs up for all d wonderful ppl @ bougainvillea..Merry Christmas!!!!!

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Candolim
Seashell Beach Suites
Goa Marriott Resort & Spa
Fortune Acron Regina
Fortune Acron Regina
#4 of 67 in Candolim

Been to Bougainvillea Guest House Goa? Share your experiences!