In March last year my wife and dearest friend Lorna along with myself had the wonderful experience of staying here for the first time.
My review at the time stated that though we'd visited Goa more than twenty times over the previous twenty two years, we'd never found a more peaceful , friendly and hospitable place to stay.
We were extremely excited and pleased that we managed to secure rooms for three weeks in December last as we realise just how much this little Eden must be in demand. We even managed to stay in the very same rooms as before, which we'd asked for, if possible, which were wonderful.
It was like coming home to see family, nothing had changed. Lourenco, Freddie and Agnello were there to greet us like extended family. We were equally delighted to see them.
Sadly a couple of staff had since retired, but were replaced by a couple of very likeable newcomers. We slotted right in as before, like we'd hardly been away for nine months.
My sister who lives in Germany was linking up with me the next day and was also staying here for her first time. She has travelled the world extensively and has been fortunate enough to have always stayed in the finest hotels. But that didn't deter me when I arranged her stay here. I know that fine hotels can give you luxury and the best service but what they lack is the homely , personal touch that one receives here at Bougainvillia. Indeed she was not disappointed. Lourenco arranged Peter, a friendly careful taxi driver neighbour,to pick her up at the airport .
She enjoyed her every minute of her stay, here as we all did.
I introduced her to Freddie's tasty masala omelettes and masala tea, which she, like myself, enjoyed for breakfast.
But whatever Freddie cooks for you is superb. Actually Lourenco himself, who is not too proud to lend a hand in the kitchen at times, cooks a mean masala omelette himself. Freddie watch out....
So what can I add that I haven't said already in my review in March 2013 , titled " A little Eden" not a lot, only that, there's nothing broke, so nothing to fix. It was in every way as pleasurable stay as before. Sadly over too soon. Warmth hospitable greeting every day, utmost cleanliness of rooms and guesthouse completely. Peaceful and quiet.
Attentive service at all times. Food delicious and genuine friendly smiles at all times.
Thank you Lourenco, Freddie, Agnello and others, who's names escape me just now, for making our stay so delightful.
I and I'm sure I can speak on behalf of the others in my company then, enjoyed our stay tremendously and will, God willing, hopefully return yet again.
Jules and Ros D'Silva
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Bougainvillea Guest House Goa is built with a Portuguese colonial mansion in mind, the perfect luxury for your holiday. This idyllic location is one of North Goa's very much sought after holiday destinations. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Expedia, Hotwire and TripOnline SA so you can book your Bougainvillea Guest House Goa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bougainvillea Guest House Goa Hotel Candolim
- Bougainvillea Guest House Goa Candolim