My partner and I recently spent a week at BTC... The hotel arranged an early morning taxi from Dabolim airport to the hotel for us (6am pick up!!) and despite some early morning haggling over a mere £4 extra, we arrived to an immaculately clean room waiting for us.
We slept until 5pm as we were both jet lagged slightly,but we soon explored our hotel and the village/resort.
GOOD points for - friendliness and helpfulness of the staff (especially the breakfast waiters/cooks), Small hotel so pool area quiet but small (all the same, lovely area to breakfast in the sun), Goodtrips size hotel with 9 rooms, Attentive room service and fresh linen, Staff helpful for ordering taxis/excursions.
BAD points for - Hardly anything to add here, biggest issue is the hotel's proximity to the main road so can be noisy late evening. It is a land of mopeds with horns!! Also there were power cuts most evenings for about 15 minutes, but I hear that this is commonplace in India. Last but not least, rude Russian tourists, dragging their miserable looking spouses from bar to boutique. Please stay in Russia and stop travelling ;-)))
All in all, a bargain for the price, some of the kindest young staff I have ever met, good restaurants near by - Tuscany Gardens (Italian), Old Mango Tree (Traditional Goan), Noodle Republic/House of Noodles(pricey Chinese)... Loads of good Indian places to enjoy too...
Great value and we will be coming back!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Banyan Tree Courtyard Goa, a small hotel in Candolim Goa, offers you the location to give you another reason to celebrate Goa at its fullest. Our 10 rooms hotel is located in Candolim beach area, in North Goa, amidst the beach sands, on the way from Calangute Beach to Fort Aguada. The Candolim beach is just about 6-7 minutes' walk able distance from Banyan Tree Courtyard. The hotel also has a small swimming pool along with a baby pool for your kids to enjoy. All are rooms are basic with amenities such as attached bath, with hot water geyser & air-conditioning.....Decor in all rooms are more or less the same except for little extra area in Deluxe and Superior rooms. Standard room is compact and suitable for short stays & therefore economically priced; whereas Deluxe and Superior rooms have mini refrigerator & safe deposit locker as extra amenities in the room. There are 3 Deluxe rooms and 1 Superior rooms on the 1st floor & 1 Standard, 3 Deluxe and 2 Superior rooms on the ground floor. Banyan Tree Courtyard Goa is rightly located in proximity of some of the best restaurants to tickle your taste buds, and you may find some of the exotic variety dishes cooked by local and professional chefs. Shopping malls / outlets are also located very close to our hotel, so you may get the best bargains for the mementos from Goa you take along for your loved ones. Our courteous staff is always here to welcome you with a smile and make sure your stay is convenient and a fantastic experience. We want the Banyan Tree Courtyard Goa to be your home...A space which is very close to your heart. A wholeheartedly homely experience for sure. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Travelocity, Hotwire, Orbitz, Priceline, Cancelon, Booking.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and HRS so you can book your Banyan Tree Courtyard reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Banyan Tree Courtyard Hotel Candolim
- Banyan Tree Courtyard Goa/Candolim