“great seafood, salsa night”
Review of L'orange

L'orange
Ranked #86 of 318 Restaurants in Candolim
Cuisines: Indian
Good for: Bar scene, Large groups, Romantic, Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed April 17, 2013

We liked this place so much we went back two nights in a row. The fresh grilled prawns were excellent, and I also had the crab xec xec, which was amazing. There was also a great salsa dj and a lot of really excellent salsa dancers on the first night -- turns out they have one salsa night a month. Plus the large Kingfisher is only 50 rs here. Try to find that price in a hotel restaurant! I'd say this restaurant is about the only reason to visit northern Goa.

Reviewed March 6, 2013

Order the Charlie's Pork Chop! - Its one of the nicest pieces of meat I've ever sunk my teeth into! Been here at least half a dozen times and their BBQ has never disappointed. Very decent value, attentive service and good bar as well. Decor, music & ambiance is relaxed and laid back (when they don't have events)

The missus tried a Goan Seafood dish and that didn't disappoint either...

2  Thank Robert A
Reviewed March 4, 2013

With it being Valentine's night we thought we'd try somewhere special with a good reputation (or so I'd thought). I ordered beef shashlick kebabs which were tasteless to be honest and the wife ordered fillet steak which was so dry we cut it up and took it back to the hotel for Alfie the dog!! He even had the nerve to refuse it so we gave it to a stray cat!! Very disappointed in this overpriced establishment serving up very average food. We have had better meals at Monicas and Genaesh beach shacks in Candolim. Could do much better!! Not on my list pf places to visit again.

2  Thank STALEXLiverpool
Reviewed February 4, 2013

Had a fab meal here, six of us had different things, each meal was perfect. I had chicken spring rolls to start, I shared them out, then tasted them, wished I hadnt share, they were delicious. I then had a chicken mint and coriander curry, it was suberp, my brother in law had a fillet steak that would have cost you thirthy pounds, here, it cost about three quid, it was amazing. We went again on our second week and it was just as good.

2  Thank swemary
Reviewed January 23, 2013

We were taken by friends who live in Goa who go regularly to L'orange. Mainly on a Friday when they have live music and a great atmosphere. We had surf and turf which included a slice of fresh caramelised pineapple, fillet steak and a huge prawn.. absolutely delicious and only £5! Can't wait to go again!

2  Thank TraceyJaneTop