Arrived at the hotel after completing the Golden triangle tour "excellent holiday up to this point" and was shown to our room " a deluxe room" on the second floor over looking the pool. On entering the room we were greeted by an awful smell, and what can only be described as a sub standard basic room. the shower had no shower curtain the bedding appeared unwashed. the door leading to the back balcony was poorly fitted and appeared unsecure. the view over the back balcony was one of an open sewer and the smell from it was very off putting. The room appeared dirty and the furniture both dated and shabby, which was not what we had paid for.
We returned to the reception and asked to be shown a deluxe room ,the manager assured us this was a deluxe room, at that point we asked to see another room but was informed there was none available. So we then contact the resort Rep and got moved to another hotel imeadiatley .The moral of this story is do not stop in this hotel unless there is no other option.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Algeria - The Goan Village is a 3 star vibrant resort adorned with psychedelic paintings ideal for all sorts of holiday goers. The hotel offers all the luxuries and comforts of home facilitated with an efficient service. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Priceline, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Agoda, Hotwire and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Alegria - The Goan Village reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Alegria - The Goan Village Hotel Candolim
- Alegria - The Goan Village Goa/Candolim