“The best food in Goa. Period.”

Sri Restaurant & Bar
Ranked #259 of 3,569 Restaurants in Goa
Cuisines: Indian, Seafood
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night
Reviewed January 31, 2013

I've been to Goa 10 times. I've stayed cumulatively there for months. I've eaten at all the hot spots that get all the buzz. So imagine my surprise last month when I went to Sri for the first time, on a friend's recommendation, and had the best meal I've had in Goa yet.

The owner/cook is a former chef who decided that life's much better at a beautiful, relaxed beachfront restaurant than a 5-star hotel where he worked before. And man can he cook. We started with the avocado salad. Those avocados must be genetically superior than anywhere else because the salad is just brilliant, simple yet incredibly flavorful. Main course was a red snapper that he prepared in a unique sauce that is leagues better than the usual tomato red or buttery garlic goop that you get everywhere else. Strawberry tart for dessert- so good, we got it 3 times.

I am seriously not kidding. If you are a foodie, or even if you're not, go to Sri. You won't regret it.

Reviewed January 30, 2013

We were in Goa for a week and pretty much tried every known restaurant/shack/bar.. Came to Sri on our second last day and totally regret not discovering this place earlier. The owner Richard is a magnanimous and generous person. His food is amazing and very very reasonably priced. Had an avocado salad and a grilled fish which was prepared by himself. Absolutely delicious. I can comfortably say it was by far the best food I had in Goa...I would definitely suggest having a chat to him. He's a great bloke, great cook and runs a very charming spot

Reviewed January 23, 2013

a short walk from the hotels or of course you can take your bike or a taxi - but well worth it. The food was excellent and great service. Very good value for money too.

Reviewed January 10, 2013

We ordered a sangria. It was terrible. They put ice in it and large chunks of fruit in it. It tasted like lolly water. We complained about it but the staff did nothing about it.

There was supposed to be live music on Friday night but by 9.30 there was still no music so we left. We were there for about 2 hours.

I did not enjoy seeing marijuana so brazenly being smoked in pipes and bongs. Definitely not a family place. The staff didn't care. I however did as I do not like the smell of it when I am eating.
The food was also quite average and took a long time to arrive.

6  Thank ivana-banana
Reviewed December 16, 2012

This place was recommended to us on our 2nd visit to Goa. We had previously ridden past on our motorbike but never stopped. The food is excellent the staff amazing and the ambiance second to none. Not only a great place to eat, but a great place to meet interesting people, Sri could be a reason on its own for us to make a 3rd trip to Goa.
A big thanks to Richard and the staff. Can't wait to come back.

2  Thank Shaun T