“Amazing Peaceful Location” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #1 of 16 Hotels in Daman
Mumbai (Bombay), India
“Amazing Peaceful Location”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 6, 2013

We made a visit to Gold Beach resort in the month of May 2013. We had a fantastic time at this resort and thoroughly enjoyed our stay. Rooms were spacious, neat & clean with button controls to operate the curtains and lights, quite fancy.

The star attraction was swimming pool with Jacuzzi, overlooking the sea. My 4 year old son thoroughly enjoyed the swimming pool which is also next to the open air restaurant. You can also order drinks while in the pool.

The food was quite good but we have to wait for a little longer time for it. Chef Ashish personally came and explained the delay in serving food which I really appreciate.

On a negative side, I could clearly see lack of coordination between front desk and F&B team. They were arguing over the phone related to my restaurant bill in front of me which was very unprofessional. In fact one of the front desk executive was explaining me the problems faced due to the restaurant folks and even asked me to write about it in the feedback form. They really need to learn how to work as a team.

Overall our stay was enjoyable.

• 4 of 5 bubbles
Ansmith F, General Manager at The Gold Beach Resort, responded to this review, November 22, 2014

Greetings...!

I want to express my appreciation to you for taking the time to contact me regarding the problem you experienced while staying with us at The Gold Beach Resort. Not only does it give me the opportunity to address the issue, and find a way to fix the problem, it also demonstrates your desire for our Resort to improve in our service to you and all of our Guests. I truly welcome comments from our Guests, both positive and negative, because it is the only way I can learn what our Guests are experiencing when visiting our Resort.

I will be using your correspondence at my next staff meeting to demonstrate where mistakes were made and how it affected the quality of our Guest’s stay. The hotel staff, managers as well as service representatives, need to understand where and how to correct these mistakes. With your input I am confident they will get the picture.

Again, thank you very much for bringing this situation to my attention.

An smith Franklin.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (136)
OOTY
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 4, 2013

my trip to daman was for vacation with my family. It was really admiring n pleasant stay with new n modern amenities n sea side view was so relaxing. Kids pool n jacuzzi. Food taste was authentic n yummy to state......Real professional staffs......Overall good expereince. Little more to add.... their General Manager assisted us at needs.....such a warm person to deal with.....
Property is excellently built up in perfect place. Must visit... STEP IN N FEEL THE EXPERIENCE.

Room Tip: Sea Side view

Greetings...!

This has reference the feedback of during stay at The Gold Beach Resorts. I would like to take the opportunity to thank you for taking out time to share your inputs and comments.

It is feedback such as given by you that keeps the team motivated and encourages them to continue to deliver guest experiences.

Do let me know if there is anything else I can do to make your stay comfortable for future.

Regards
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 3, 2013

it was a beautiful place to enjoy with family n friends. place is really awesome,with new advance technology n interiors beautifully designed. staff cordination is good ,general manager is so down to earth. he is helpful at all times. people should learn from him.property is at an excellent place. enjoyed

• Stayed May 2013
1 Thank Joan303

Greetings...!

Thank you for your valuable feedback about your stay at the “The Gold Beach Resorts”. I would like to take the opportunity to thank you for taking out time to share your inputs and comments.

Mumbai (Bombay), India
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 3, 2013

Good ambiance and very modern place. But you move inside and demand service, you are lost. I visited for dinner on a summer day. The place does have a closed air-conditioned restaurant, but for some reason is closed in the summer of 2103. You are directed to the open air place. You fall in love with the view it offer when you walk from the reception area to the pool side and the place looks modern and great. The pools looks to be the best in Daman, but hold on, all praise ends at the looks.

When you order the food does take time to come, when it comes, the taste is not contemporary. You are left wondering what is it that you had for lunch or dinner. SO please strictly order simple dishes that you know can not be spoiled by the chef.

Wish I can write some good things about this palce.

Greetings...!

Again, thank you very much for bringing this situation to my attention.

An smith Franklin
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 1, 2013

Down graded 1 one of our rooms from super deluxe to deluxe because of error on their part...bunch of lying unethical front desk...arm twisted in to agreeing on it sayin we can't do any more than this...have stayed @ accor group of hotels n the likes around india n world...had we known we wud be down graded we cud have stayed at any other hotel in daman...GM of no help although he does think he is the best...has no courtesy of speaking politely wit people paying to stay not tht we were staying for free!...food is below average...zero in the name of hospitality...breakfast timing r stricter than a boot camp..they seriously need a check on their manners..location is the only saving grace!

• Stayed May 2013
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
4 Thank janny shah
Dear Guest
Thank you for your valuable feedback about your stay at the The Gold Beach Resorts . I duly understand the inconveniences caused due to the lapse in our services. Your feedback regarding the same has been put ahead for our improvement in service.
Do write to me on the email mentioned below for your future visit so that I can assure you have a flawless stay.
Best Regards,
gm@thegoldbeachresort.in
Devka Beach road
Marward, Nani Daman- 396210.
Gurgaon, Haryana, India
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 29, 2013

I stayed at the property from 3rd May to 5th May. Since for my bookings I was connected to a staff member who by the time I reached had left job, hence the initial interface was very shaky. The reception staff is very raw (couldn't care less) and simply refused to any confirmations done. But thankfully I had the mail communications and the GM was finally called in and confirmed our reservations on the agreed terms. The property is very new and has a very good feel to it, with automated control systems in the room and the bathrooms. The blue pool with the beach in the background is the actual winner. You can sit in the room with roof heights windows and gaze at the view for hours. The beach side restaurant has some real good preparations with the team in the serving staff being kind and accommodating. But they are yet to learn to manage heavy inflow of guests with ease.

Tip - try not to get involved with the reception party, they don't even bother if u leave and go elsewhere.

Room Tip: Book rooms facing the beach and the pool.
1 Thank Sakshi S
Dear Guest

Best Regards,
gm@thegoldbeachresort.in
Devka Beach road
Marward, Nani Daman- 396210.
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 19, 2013

Had checked with my family on the 17th of May. The first look at the hotel was pleasant but the front office staff is absolutely unprofessional, untrained and very difficult to communicate with. I had booked my stay thru a travel portal and hence was expecting all the details to be available before checkin, that was not the case. Instead of completing my checkin formalities, the front office staff was busy in counting and reconciling their cash registers. They paid attention only when I made my displeasure known to them. The booking was for 2 days, after 24 hours I got a call and the bell staff knocking at my door asking me to vacate, but things got sorted out only when I showed them my travel vouchers. I asked for a meeting with the GM, but was told he was out on lunch, left a message for call back that too didn't happen. The front office does not know basic things like the places to visit in and around Daman, which was really surprising.

The good things about the hotel are

1. The property is new and well constructed.
2. Restaurant food is good and tasteful, the staff is also courteous and well trained.
3. Location of the restaurant is also good and one can relax and enjoy the meal peacefully.

Overall, I might visit them for a meal next time but staying is doubtful.

Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank venks73
maiti_13, General Manager at The Gold Beach Resort, responded to this review, October 2, 2013
Greetings...!
Thank your for your valuable feedback about your stay at the THE GOLD BEACH RESORTS. I would like to take the opportunity to thank you for taking out time to share your inputs and comments.

I understand that we were not able to live up to your expectations during this stay. This is not a norm and is an aberration from our normal high standards. With regards to our Beverage & Food quality and services i regret the fact that you had to face such a situation. I am confident that we would not fail you on your next visit and show you the true standard of our hospitality. Do write in to me for your next visit and would personally ensure you have a flawless stay.
Management Team.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Daman
The Deltin Hotel & Casino
Lords Resort Silvassa
Lords Resort Silvassa
#2 of 7 in Silvassa
Hotel Saikripa Imperial & Vista Rooms

Been to The Gold Beach Resort? Share your experiences!