“Family Trip-Daman”

Sandy Resort
Ranked #4 of 17 Hotels in Daman
“Family Trip-Daman”
Reviewed November 12, 2013

Hotel is fine, the prices were a bit high, as we went near the diwali weekend, but the room was fine, and so was the food. Hotel has a play area for kids, comes really handy. Has a maintained swimming pool, and a decent restaurant. The food was a bit oily /spicy, but if you specify they made it fine. Service is excellent, nothing takes more then 15 mins. The hotel is near Devka beach, which is useless, the beach is very dirty, and the hotel does not have a direct access to it.The beach to go in Daman in Jampore, which is 10 Kms from this place. There is a water park 2 kms from the hotel , which is a nice one. There's a small flea market near Devka beach which is a hub for shopping. There are hotels with direct access to the beaches, as well.The food Bill was pretty high, but they counter by providing free food vouchers.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank anujkhandelwal

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
Mumbai (Bombay), India
Reviewed November 10, 2013

I had checked out this place Online, but when we actually went and got the room, we were not happy. The rooms were very tiny and claustrophobic, we stayed in the A/C Super Deluxe.
I do not think I will be coming back to this place.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Adi D
Surat, India
Reviewed October 25, 2013

This is a worst hotel experience. Sandy resort is a worst place to be where you pay a high price for very old rooms. I had a worst experience at this hotel, where I stayed for just 7mins and had to pay the charge for the full night. I just checked in this hotel and immediately I got a call of urgency due to which I had to check out immediately. I requested them to charge me half price as it was just within 5 mins of my check in, but they rejected it and charged me for a full night. The worst part is the owner of this resort who is just ruthless and not understanding at all. I am a regular guest at this place with a corporate tie-up, still they were ignorant to that fact. I have noticed in the past that they entertain couples for 2hrs at half price whereas in my case it was only 7mins. May be my fault was that I was with a family and not with my girlfriend. So would not suggest this place for families and corporates.

In the past also I have had bad experiences at this place. Once there was a cockroach in their food which I reported to them. On seeing cockroach in food my son puked. The worst part is that the hotel staff cleaned the vomit and charged me for the cleaning. It was all because of the cockroach in their food. Even I would have puked on watching this.
I would like to attach my invoice which shows 7min of stay for Rs 2800.
Worst hotel experience of my life and would never recommend this hotel to anyone.

Room Tip: Better go to any other hotel than Sandy. Should never stay at such place.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
7 Thank Hansal_Modi
Mumbai (Bombay), India
Reviewed October 7, 2013

It's a good comfortable place to stay right on the beach. Sea view balconies are a added plus! Food was good... there is a well maintained pool as well. Service was pretty good also and they gave us a free food voucher!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Harsh K
Gandhinagar, India
Reviewed September 5, 2013

A stay withing your budget and having excellent view of the sea beach from the rooms. Just try its food in the restaurant and you will enjoy the taste. The seafood especially will make you more joyous.

Room Tip: The sea beach facing rooms will have good sight.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank TimeupAJ
Gondal, Gujarat, India
Reviewed September 4, 2013

Had an enriching experience at sandy. Went with family there. Its not as luxurious as Marriots but more than the value for money. The food was nice, the service was fast, the rooms were cosy with clean linen and hygienic bathrooms. and the mocktails were just awesomeeeee....<3
Nice food, fast service, cosy rooms....

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Vadodara
Reviewed August 11, 2013

We had enjoyed a lot with friends and kids. Very neat & clean resort. Services are excellent.
Nice food. Its a value for Money Resort. Nice arrangement at Swimming pool with clean shower area, towels and Swim Suits. One staff member is continuously watching at swimming pool specially for kids

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family