“Overall OK”

Ranked #13 of 18 Hotels in Daman
Pune
“Overall OK”
Reviewed December 23, 2013

I would like to elaborate my experience with the following points:
1. Location of resort : Good enough
2. Staff : Not very friendly. Don't use the mind of their own. For instance, if I ordered a tea and two persons are staying, despite knowing they brought a single cup. This happened not once,twice but thrice.
3. Breakfast/food: Limited items, but good taste.
4. Swimming pool: Good but too small.
5. Room: Room was good(Club Luxury). TV was not proper at all. I mean the broadcast quality. Infact it was bad,bad and bad...When asked they said, it will be like this only!!!!!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Cleartrip

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (156)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Surat, India
Reviewed December 22, 2013

I booked my Exotic Room at Silver Sand Beach Resort through Clear Trip for 9/12/13 to 11/12/13 at Rs.3600. I made online payment of the said amount of Rs.3600. I am going there for Honeymoon. So, after Booking my Room I called cleartrip to make decoration in the suite on the first night but they told me that I have to call Hotel directly for such arrangement. Then I called Hotel and told them that I want them to decorate suite with flowers on 09/12/13 as I am going there for Honeymoon and I am ready to pay whatever the charges are. Then, Hotel staff asked : “Their first Question was where did you booked your suite?“ I replied that I booked through Cleartrip, then He asked me to call Cleartrip for making arrangement of flower decoration in my suite. Then I called Cleartrip again and told them everything said by Hotel staff. Then, celartrip staff replied me that I have to contact only Hotel for such arrangement, we can not make such arrangement for you and I will talk to the Hotel staff about this. Then, again I called the Hotel staff for 4-5 times for the same thing but they give different answers i.e. (1)call me tomorrow morning I will tell about charges, (2)I will tell concern staff to call you, (3)Mr. Umesh will call you and intimate you about the charges and directly co ordinate with you,(4) Mr. Umesh hasn’t call you? I will told him again to contact you etc. During these calls Mr. Umesh called me once and sent an email containing pictures of flower decoration in the room but he didn’t mention charges and method of payment for each decoration in the room. So, I called as well as emailed him to tell me the charges and the method of payment. But Mr. Umesh or anyother staff of Hotel never contacted me after that. After making so many calls , I was not satisfied with the response of staff of Silver Sand Beach Resort and asked cleartrip staff to change my Hotel as it was mentioned on the blog of cleartrip. But I was again disappointed by the staff of Cleartrip, as they told me that this is not possible as you have booked hotel which is not refundable. Then, I asked her to cancel my suite and give me the confirmation about the cancellation of my suite. I also asked her to mention the reason for cancellation. But she denied that she cannot do that for me. Really, I felt very regret that I booked my Hotel through Cleartrip. I am very disappointed with the response given by Cleartrip as well as Silver Sand Beach Resort, Daman. I lost my precious time and money and got nothing.

2 Thank sPratik36

Travelers are raving about these Daman hotels

Mumbai
Reviewed December 21, 2013

Its a descent place to stay. Nice rooms, good and cordial service. restaurant is nice and quite lively in evenings. Pool is nice. pics displayed are almost correct except the television set, it was pathetic. It has a location advantage, right on Devka beach.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends

Reviewed December 21, 2013

I love it simple bt sweet. Staff managemnt and behaviour is good very friendly. Room service is jst so perfect bathrum toilets and complemntary breakfast adds more off food is very tasty . And safe for family

• Stayed December 2013
1 Thank cadi994
Bhubaneswar, Orissa, India
Reviewed December 19, 2013

this is one of the best hotels i have ever visited....excellent location, beautiful inhotel ambience, indoor games-disco-gym-spa, overwhelming food, cleanliness, well maintained room with proper room service , reasonable price and above all excellent staff. The complementary buffet is too good with a lot of options to eat and the menu keeps changing. you have options from plain bread to toast bread to corn flakes, idlis, uttapam, upma, coffee, tea, hot milk etc. The best thing is that the coordination between the staff is excellent. you order and you get in a flash. The best thing about the hotel is the courtyard surrounding the swimming pool with palm trees and dining tables ....the candle light dinner near the swimming pool is too romantic. Chicken bullet, chicken crispy, veg spring roll are the must recommended dishes. ADVICE: do carry swimming costumes or you have to buy them from the shop situtated near the pool which gives costumes for sale within Rs.200. Snooker, carrom, table tennis and of course swimming are the indoor games. There is no point taking pool view rooms....the standard rooms are good for couples......of the same design as pool view rooms......lastly make it a point to stay in here

Room Tip: Since all rooms are air conditioned i would recommend standard rooms
1 Thank DrAmitTripathy
Mumbai
Reviewed December 18, 2013

check in was easy process the breakfast was decent. clean hotel , ok food and decent value for money.location is decent.rickshaws are available. thanks to clear trip & silversands for a good vacation.

1 Thank Nikhil K
Reviewed December 18, 2013

Overall it is a good resort to opt for. We opted for a Club Exotic room, but was upgraded. We stayed for 2 nights. Food was average. Good service. Clean swimming pool.

Cons:
Breakfast spread was limited.
AC was noisy.

Probably, the management can add a few little things that can enhance the experience a lot, such as tea and coffee making facility in room. Repair the kids playing area. In room SPA service. These are small things that I think could have made a lot of difference for me.

A tip for the management(if they read) - I tried to book a room directly, but the resort did not respond to me properly. Also, no discount was offered. Then, I got in touch with Cleartrip. They had a word the resort and confirmed the booking withing 5 minutes. Most important thing, they got a handsome discount as well.

Room Tip: I booked through Cleartrip (over phone). They helped me get a good discount.