All reviews budget resort reasonable cost place to stay clean rooms lcd tv pleasant stay buffet breakfast nice food carrom comfort discotheque tub ambience monsoon category swing kms
Reviewed December 4, 2012

Visited Daman in the last week of November 2012 with friends and stayed at this resort for 2 nights 3 days.. Since it was 3 of us so took only one room. Though we reached quiet late on the first day of our stay around 10:30 pm and managed to get ourselves a room on a Friday, even though we could clearly see that the resort was packed. The staff is very nice, helpful and polite.. they also kept the buffet specially open for us for dinner beyond 11:30 pm which was quiet late for their usual dinner time.

The room was clean and spacious enough for 3 people to stay in, we opted for an AC room since the weather was still hot during day time... Food was excellent, though in-case you order room service they take longer. they have a swimming pool that was very well maintained and the resort have ample parking space if you plan to travel by your own vehicle. Also the resort is stone throw away from the beach.

Overall we had a great time.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed November 25, 2012

Had been to this place in January this year, and must say that the overall experience at this hotel was pretty good.

The rooms were decent as per the photos that have been published. The swimming pool was quite big and properly maintained. The food that was served was good. This space is not huge, however is adequate for a couple of nights of stay. The beach is a couple of mins walk. The beaches in Daman are overall not too great, however if you want a quick break from the Mumbai hustle-bustle, this place can provide you some relaxation.

Overall, would recommend this hotel for a quick break.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed November 20, 2012

I stayed at Silver Sands Resort for 2 nights with my family and all were extremely delighted with the ambience, service, food and amenities. The manager was extremely professional and its only to be one. The second night we booked AC Exotic category room, and we were stunned to see such a wonderful Cottage like room with a Pitch Roof, and very romantic interiors. The Bathroom has a double size Tub (Open to Sky), which adds to the fun.

We enjoyed the Buffet as well as the other meals we had, the food was extremely hygienic. Cleanliness was the key, the rooms as well as the Resort was so clean that I didnt mind my 12months old play around.

They have lot of activities (Entertainment, Recreational etc) as well.

AC Luxury and AC Exotic are recommend to all, I would sure stay at Silver Sands on my next visit to Daman.

Room Tip: AC Luxury and AC Exotic
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed November 11, 2012

My review is long but please bear with me and read through the end.

I had written a review about this resort earlier soon after my stay but the management reported it as incorrect and got it removed, hence I am writing again.

We were a group of 5 people,one of which was a senior citizen. We had booked the most expensive rooms in the resort. When we checked in the AC in our room was leaking, and the whole bed was drenched in water. On our complaint the technician was brought in and he started working on the AC and all the dirt from the AC splashed on the wall.

Then we were told my the cleaning staff itself that the AC of the said room was always leaking n that we shud not put up there. We waited a good 1 hour and at last gave up n went for lunch, after coming back our room was not yet ready.

We went to the reception and asked him to give us a room till ours was done, to which the reception said that we should hold on and after asking him if we were staying for free he gave us a room. We settled in the room, till evening there was no news of us checking into our original room, late evening we get a call from the reception to let us know that our room was ready, since the cost of the rooms were the same we requested the reception to continue our stay in the room we had already occupied n they complied.

After I spoke to the reception the owner called us and told us that we had to shift to our original room as the current room was booked for a party arriving the next day. I mentioned to him that his reception had just confirmed my request to which he replied that the" reception was not well trained".

I then asked him that in case the AC leaked again then what would be the solution to which he replied and I quote" Madam we will cross the bridge when we come to it" to which i replied that as a customer I had a right to query and his job to answer and not give me lessons in philosophy. To which he replied that "you have to shift and it there is a leak we will see about it" . I never knew that booking a room here means a free training and demo in AC repairs.

Our agony did not end here, at 12 am the water to our room and our friends room was shut. We called the reception who sent a technician and he told us pump is spoilt so no water till pump is repaired and when that wud happen he didnt know so he offered us a "bucket of water" instead, how generous! and tat too for the highest paying customers.

We went down to the reception as asked to meet the manager who was by then oblivious to the problems of his resort (Read: leaking AC,spoilt pump and manner less staff including him) and was in deep slumber. He came and asked us what the problem was, which we narrated to which his solution was again" CHANGE THE ROOM" by then I felt i was playing MUSICAL ROOMS. When we refused and asked for a solution the Owner said and i quote" Every hotel has maintenance issues and u must learn to cope" and again he shed his pearls of wisdom. To which I replied that I had come for a holiday to relax not to learn to cope with his inefficiency.

When he realized that I wud not take the matter lightly he offered to pay us back and we could check out. The only saving grace was that our whole amount was refunded and we checked into Sandy Resort the next day which is way too better clean hotel with a great property n rooms and yes "COURTEOUS STAFF"

Silver sands is not recommended for a holiday unless of course u live with nice ppl otherwise and for a change wanna experience how it feels to be insulted and reprimanded by rude and inefficient owner and staff

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
8  Thank Rhodad
Reviewed October 18, 2012

Great place to unwind......clean and big rooms,,,pool was clean....staff were very polite and always helpful,stay was for 3 days and the buffet had variety and everyday was a different menu,food was tasty ,service was prompt...........room service was prompt......

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family