All reviewsbudget resortreasonable costplace to stayclean roomslcd tvpleasant staybuffet breakfastnice foodcarromcomfortdiscothequetubambiencemonsooncategoryswingkms
Reviewed March 20, 2012

It is an average hotel. The food is bland. There is a guy who keeps watching you how many rotis you pick up. Most of the hotel staff are expressionless and you don't feel the warmth.
The bedsheets are old and faded and torn at places. Almost looks like the sheets they give you in 2nd AC sleeper in trains. People jump into swimming pool with their regular clothes (no swimsuits) and no one stops them. The pillows are almost like stone. Parking is bad. The beach is dirty. If i had a choice i would avoid this.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank just_me20014
Reviewed February 2, 2012

all i wanted is a nice place with a pool and cottages, and silver sands fullfilled my dreams with a good offer given to me , silver sands is one of the best resorts in daman .....its clean , maintained , up- to - date .... rooms provided to us were like WOW. food and service is the best thing u would like here ..... all i got to say is - i had the best ever part in silver sands with the hawaiian theme ...

Room Tip: just be there once..
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled with friends
6  Thank shrenik_12
Reviewed January 7, 2012

it was an impromptu decision to go to daman for a short trip with the whole family!
silver sands was our destination..........the first impression being the last is my story as when we checked into the room i was shocked to c that although the rooms were placed prettily and so was the furniture but NOTHING and i very strongly mean NOTHING was maintained ! the room was filthy and smelly ........the toilet were washed but dirty ( the mirror was not cleaned nor was the potty cover!!) and there were cockroaches wishing to greet us from the sink!
the TV had a remote which just didnt match the set and the poor ac was too overworked to give us the pleasure of enjoying its coolness! after battling with the receptionist for a while we were given another room with a tv and remote that just about worked and the ac well the less said the better!
only consolation in all this was that the morning breakfst was a treat! nicely made omlettes to fresh juice was there in plentiful! but of course a suggestion here too ....please buy a 4 bread toaster its very irritating to wait in queue with the 2 bread toaster that too at a buffet !
wake up silver sands before silver turns to dust !

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled with family
5  Thank paree_11
Reviewed January 7, 2012

I had to book this resort as I coud not get rooms in any of the big resorts in Daman on Christmas weekend. This resort is a quiet little place tucked in one corner of Daman. it has a small and cosy charm to it, which I absolutely loved.

We had booked 2 exotic rooms, which have the open air bathrooms. The rooms were good but I think the normal club rooms will be a better option. The rooms were basic but clean and tidy.

The food buffet was good . The food was satisfactory in all the meals that I had, even if the variety left something to desire.

The swimming poo, also is small but ok for playing with your kids.

The "Rock" beach close to the hotel is absolutely dirty & pathetic. There was another beach about 12 Kms. away, which was recommended by a local. This beach was a little better.

I also tried the Ayurvedic spa, which was good. Please remember that there is scope for bargaining here.

Overall the resort was a pleasant experience. Though I wouldn't suggest it for more than a couple of
days stay.

• Stayed: December 2011
5  Thank Axi13
Reviewed November 20, 2011

My girlfriend and I arrived at Daman, at Silver Sands, after a train ride up from Bombay and a rickshaw to Daman. Sam was there when we arrived and was so accomodating, he had three different rooms at different prices for us to look at. We decided on the most expensive on to treat ourselves! It had an incredible stone bath and a massive bed and was AWESOME. Our two night stay also came with 6 full buffet meals so we ate and ate and ate.
And even though we were there during Diwali the busiest time of the year, Sam and the rest of the staff there were just so great to us. Helping us organise the next leg of our journey, bringing up extra pillows, letting us hang out at the hotel until our bus left.
The place was just great and the food was amazing. The pool was beatiufl and Sam and the staff were so friendly and accommodating, it was GREAT!
Definitely a recommentation if you are heading to Daman.. We love India....

Room Tip: The room we stayed in was the resort side of the hotel, with an amazing bath in it! Definitiely worth it!
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled with friends