All reviews parking lot room was clean would stay here again top floor within walking distance the breakfast area staff was very friendly front desk staff white sands national monument breakfast was excellent oatmeal easy access indoor pool excellent stay in town great place to stay hot breakfast
Selected filters
Reviewed March 25, 2019 via mobile

Staff was very friendly and obviously hard working, however..... the pool was cloudy and very cold. When I asked for a crib for my 2 year old daughter, they wheeled it out and said “here you go!” And gave me a pile of sheets and blankets without offering to take it up to my room for me. Right before going to sleep we found a splotch of fresh BLOOD on the corner of our comforter, we were too tired at that point so we just slept without blankets, my daughter luckily had her own blankets from home. The next morning we informed the front desk man about it, and his only response was, “oh.... thanks, I’ll make note of that.” as if finding fresh blood on the blankets wasn’t an unusual thing.... oh and the elevator was sketchy and broken down for half of our visit, and overheard the staff multiple times make comments about how terrifying the elevator is (we mostly took the stairs).

Trip type: Traveled with family
1  Thank ZosiaBlair
HamptonAlamogordo, General Manager at Hampton Inn Alamogordo, responded to this reviewResponded March 26, 2019

Hello ZosiaBlair,

I'm so sorry for the inconveniences during your stay. Please contact any member of management directly so that we may get these issues resolved.

Reviewed March 24, 2019

Great place, friendly staff clean rooms. Breakfast was excellent and very fresh. Staff was great on both on arrival and departure. Rooms were clean and very comfortable. Will definitely recommend to everyone.

• Trip type: Traveled with friends
Reviewed March 22, 2019

Plenty of good dining options within walking distance. Excellent staff and management.
Nice hot breakfast and great beds. Just be sure to ask for a room on the top floor. Seems that the construction creates a bass drum effect on the rooms underlying other rooms. Every step taken by guests in the rooms above you are amplified like no other hotel I've stayed in. And I always sleep with earplugs too. Two nights of that and we moved to the top floor and it was perfectly quiet.

Room tip: Ask for rooms on the top floor if you like quiet nights.
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 22, 2019

1. Tried to directly book, but unable to understand person trying to book me into the system.
2. Internet problems throughout our stay. Never resolved intermittent failed connections.
3. Room: Generally nice except one thing some may like and others not (us not): The bathroom door was a nice looking "barn door" slider (when open the door covered the small coat rack/suitcase space and when closed, obviously covered bathroom opening). Problem, this type of loose door provides very little sense of privacy (and oder control) with others in the room. To exacerbate the uncomfortable situation, there was not a bathroom exhaust fan!! I will say no more.
4. Failed on Fitness room! Tread mill not working, the remote not working for TV and most importantly, there were no antibacterial cloths or similar to wipe down the equipment! Unacceptable!!
5. I will never stay at this Alamgodo property again. There other hotels within this city to choose from.

• Trip type: Traveled with family
1  Thank NorthStar39895130566
HamptonAlamogordo, General Manager at Hampton Inn Alamogordo, responded to this reviewResponded March 22, 2019

Hello NorthStar39895130566,

Unfortunately you didn't speak with anyone at my hotel to book your room, your reservation came through as booked through a 3rd party company. We are currently waiting on a part for the treadmill, and we do offer our guests free use of Anytime Fitness located across the street. I have spoken with my maintenance staff regarding the other issues and we will remedy them as soon as possible.

Reviewed March 19, 2019

The front desk staff was very helpful and made check in and out quick and easy. The rooms were very clean and comfortable. Continental breakfast was delicious we had so many good options to choose from. The pool and spa were an even better plus for relaxing !

• Trip type: Traveled with family