“Clean and Comfy”

Hampton Inn Alamogordo
Ranked #3 of 13 Hotels in Alamogordo
Reviewed July 29, 2014

Stayed here with the grandkids for a trip to White Sands. The property is family friendly, very clean, and comfy. Breakfast service was wonderful, choices were plentiful, and the food was well stocked. The pool and hot tub area was very clean. Staff was quite friendly and knowledgeable about the surrounding sites. All in all, a very nice stay.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family

Reviewed July 29, 2014

This hotel was not up to your standards for several reasons: Room 212 was a disaster. A few things to report: The ice machine on the 2nd floor was loud and sounded like a waterfall constantly; The shower curtain pole was broken in the corner near the toilet; The toilet flushed with such ferocity that it woke my wife up from deep sleep; The air conditioning unit leaked water all over the floor near the window that I stepped in a puddle when I went to close the curtain; When I called to report the incident, I was told that it would be fixed the following day, which was fine. The problem was not handled properly, however. After breakfast, I spoke with the desk clerk who told me that the problem had been addressed. When I asked her what she meant, she told me that the maintenance person went to the room. I was not happy because our room was opened without my permission (with all of my personal items in plain sight) while my wife and I went downstairs for breakfast! I had placed the "Do Not Disturb" lanyard on our door prior to this incident. (The young clerk at the counter was a bit aloof and she didn't know how to address my issue satisfactorily.) It was kind of creepy that someone entered our room within the 30 minute time span we went for breakfast. That was totally out of line and the manager should have had my permission to enter the room, especially with our personal belongings exposed. When we returned to the room after breakfast, there were towels all over the floor near the window. At that point, I insisted on a room change for the 2nd night, which was accommodated.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Molly B, General Manager at Hampton Inn Alamogordo, responded to this reviewResponded July 30, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on TripAdvisor after your recent stay with us. We appreciate your feedback as it assists us on improving our service and quality.

I am hoping to get an opportunity to speak with you regarding your stay and do hope to hear from you soon. I am sorry for the experience you had and ask that you please either email or call me at my contact information below. Your opinions are important to us.

Kind Regards,
Molly Bugaj

Reviewed July 22, 2014

From beginning to end, this place was top notch. Staff extremely friendly, room was great. Breakfast was free and delicious. Traveling with teenagers, one is a vegetarian and we were all happy with selection. Nice indoor pool. Would recommend highly!

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed July 22, 2014

I'm torn between "Average" and "Very Good"
If you've read my previous reviews of hotels, beside the usual (clean, comfortable, good service, etc.) qualities, I also rate a hotel on the quality of it's pillows and the strength of the shower flow. I like a firm pillow and a strong shower flow. Unfortunately, this hotel had neither. Other than that it was a nice place to stay and only about 15 minutes from White Sands National Monument (you can see my report on that place as well). The entire hotel staff was very friendly and engaging. The breakfast was the same current rage of make your own waffle, some egg product that looked like it was made in a microwave and the usual assortment of breakfast meats one expects to see. I found the IHOP and Denny's to be convenient.
Yes I would recommend staying here.

Room Tip: Avoid overhead noise - choose the 3rd floor
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank AA3RR
Reviewed July 16, 2014

This is a small Hampton Inn. Clean room, excellent breakfast. Bed was wonderful. The hotel is located conveniently near all of the attractions and near the highway to El Paso Airport. I would definitely recommend this hotel.

Reviewed July 6, 2014

I have been a guest at this Hampton Inn for about 100 days in the past year or so and have always had a great experience. The staff is very friendly, attentive and accomodating. Rooms are up to date and well kept. Staff is very friendly and always trying to exceed expectations when dealing with the guests. Breakfast is typical for Hampton but always kept well stocked. Indoor Pool is clean and well maintained. A few good restaurants within walking distance also.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed July 5, 2014

Hotel is clean, staff very friendly and helpful. Breakfast room is bright and cheery. Breakfast was hot with good choices. Exercise room well equipped although it is a little weird to be on the treadmill and face yourself in a full length mirror