“Worst Hotel Stay”

Ranked #9 of 13 Hotels in Alamogordo
Germantown, MD
“Worst Hotel Stay”
Reviewed February 15, 2007

I've travel a lot throughout the years, and I have never stayed at worse hotel. Just pulling up to the hotel, I knew it was going to be an unpleasant experience. First, my door didn't open and had to get maintenance to open it; there was hair in the sheets, and the towels were dirty with stains and dirt. But worst of all, there was a sticky brown liquid all over the night stand and table. I have had similar experience at other Days Inn’s, my advice is to stay away from all Days Inn.

Stayed February 2007
3 Thank afkpanda

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Reviewed December 22, 2005

Excellent place to stay. My favorite part is the service. This place has changed incredibly over the past 3 mo.,new owner I think. The desk is so helpful and the rooms are nice and its a great place. Ive stayed at other hotels in Alamo and nothing beats my regular room at the days inn.

• Stayed October 2005
2 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed October 19, 2004

Day's Inn is a very solid value for the rooms. Is inbetween an expensive Hotel and a much older Version. No hi speed internet at the time I visited but had all the other things I needed as a business traveller. Have stayed here at least 3 times

1 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
albuquerque, nm
Reviewed March 23, 2004

I knew when my family pulled up, we should have gone somewhere else. We checked into our room, and when it came time to sleep, the bedspreads were almost completely soiled, there was another stain on the sheet...
GROSS!! We changed rooms, not a whole lot better. I didn't expect much for $55, but I do expect clean sheets and a clean bathroom...This really ruined a good trip :( Please, don't put your family or yourself through this!!

6 Thank Jjones22

Travelers are raving about these Alamogordo hotels

Reviewed September 15, 2003

I wasn't impressed with the service as soon as I walked into the lobby.
The manager was rude and didn't seem to appreciate my business. The price during the holiday weekend was ridiculas! The pool was filthy, the towels were thin as they can get. The non-smoking room reaked of smoke. The room was not worth the hundred dollars + i paid for a queen bed. If only I had arrived in town earlier when there were other rooms in other hotels availbale, then maybe my trip wouldn't have been so miserable. And if you go there and are expecting a good continental breakfast, you are better off munching on some food that you had left over from your journey. I was not impressed with Days Inn of Alamogordo at all and I will never take my business there again.

4 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed July 14, 2003

The greeting we received upon our arrival was poor at best. It didnt seem like our business was appreciated. Also, we were booked into the wrong room where some workmen were still refurbishing the room.
(Although its nice they were trying to improve the place). The room has a fridge and microwave which is nice and all the plumbing worked. The towels were paper thin, though. The pool was really bad. It needed to be cleaned and the pool furniture was cracked and dirty. The continental breakfast was very small and shouldnt even be called such.
The price was cheap but you get what you pay for. This isnt a really good deal. However, if you need a decent place to stay at a low price, and you dont plan on using the pool, I guess it would be ok.

2 Thank A TripAdvisor Member