“Best REAL food in Alamogordo”

Margo's Mexican Restaurant
Ranked #45 of 89 Restaurants in Alamogordo
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Reservations
Blue Hill, Maine
“Best REAL food in Alamogordo”
Reviewed February 28, 2014

Ok, Margo's is nothing fancy and the food is good Mexican, not great but priced accordingly. Service was friendly and food came quickly.

Alamogordo is overrun with fast food franchises. Our hotel clerk, when asked where to eat, said "all there is is fast food". We don't do fast food so that puts Margo's in the 5-star category for Alamogordo!

• Visited February 2014
1 Thank nus2

Manchester, United Kingdom
“MMMM Mexican”
Reviewed January 16, 2014

Great menu and friendly staff....The Mexican rice is awesome and the place always seems to be buzy .

• Visited November 2013
Italy
“went there because of the travel book”
Reviewed January 7, 2014

The trsvel guide recommended this as a valuable good place. I must admit that the prices have slightly increased compared to the ones on the book. I have personally had a nice meal. By reading the other reviews, and the travel book I use, I should say that this restaurant most probably offers New Mexican cuisine rather than 100% Mexican food, but I am not the right person to tell it.

Visited January 2014
Goldsboro, North Carolina
“Best Restaurant!!!”
Reviewed December 26, 2013

DISCLAIMER: I last visited this location SEVERAL YEARS ago. The food at this restaurant is absolutely OUTSTANDING and reasonably priced!!!! The interior of the restaurant is comfortable and homey and customer service has always been AMAZING!!! I left Alamogordo several years ago and since leaving, every Mexican restaurant I have visited after Margo's, I have always compared to Margo's!!!

Visited January 2013
Rio Rancho, New Mexico
“Not what I'm used to from Albuquerque area”
Reviewed September 3, 2013

SALTY! 3 people at the table and each one of us had food that was SALTY! The chile was not hot, and the red tasted more like tomatoes that chile. Friendly staff though. Also the wine selection is only the St. Clair and sister vineyards and all their wine is sweet. However, the horchata has free refills! It is a very popular place with the locals, but I will go someplace else next time I'm in town.

Visited September 2013