“dirty and nasty”

Our Country Kitchen
Ranked #9 of 90 Restaurants in Alamogordo
Cuisines: American
Reviewed November 20, 2011

went for breakfast on 11/19/11 to start our coffee cups had handened cheese stuck on the side and didnt appear to be very clean, after our food got to the table my wifes country potatos were refridgerater cold and the waitress asked if she would like it microwaved , we ate maybe 2 bites off our plates and left

4  Thank Tay M

Reviewed October 25, 2011

Atebthere today 10/25/11 for the first time and it was wonderful!! The food and service gets 5 stars!!!

Reviewed August 16, 2010

OCK is a great place to enjoy a "home" cooked meal for a good price. The owners, Alex and Tammy are gracious and hard working and are always giving back to our community. Great place for Breakfast of Lunch!

Reviewed June 17, 2007

I've been here numerous times when it was called Mike's, but now is called Our Country Kitchen and I went there for the first time in a while and it was absolutely the worse we've ever been treated in a restaurant.

When we arrived, the place was pretty empty, odd for any place on a Sunday morning, considered ourselves lucky, but soon found out it was that way for a reason. We entered and stood around for a minute, not knowing if we should wait to be seated or seat ourselves. Eventually we seated ourselves as there was only one other table of people. So we sat and waited. And waited. About 10-15 minutes later another group of people came in and the waitress comes out, see us and takes their order. Great. Eventually she makes it to us about 5 minutes later. We order. I ask for my steak medium and my eggs over medium. A half hour later we sit waiting for our food still with empty glasses and not seeing our waitress since. Our food eventually comes.

The bad gets worse...
I cut into my steak which was a pathetic excuse for a ribeye, but ohwell. Im not happy to see the steak is cook very very very well done instead of medium or even medium well. Then i try my eggs. My mine and my wifes eggs were horribly undercooked. The whites were actually runny inside. The hashbrowns were cold and the toast was burnt and made of stale bread. It actually snapped right in half.

And down goes the service
When our waitress came near we flagged her down and I told her my steak was over done. She offered to get me another one, but after already being there for an hour and barely have had our food in front of us, I didn't want to wait any longer and told her to take the steak off the bill. She doesn't say a word and walks away. A minute later anther woman walks up and asks what the problem was. I tell her a little bit of everything and she informs me she is the owner and wanted to know so she could fix it. Well this sounded good so I ran down the list after asking if she really wanted me to name everything. Well she gets very offended and tells us in a raised voice "we're only humans and not everyone is perfect, and occasionally makes mistakes" My eyes widen as I can't believe all this is happening. She snatches our bill, scribbles out my meal and walks away. Wow thats crazy.

And there goes the tip...
Well we got up to pay and stood by the register for a minute or two while reading articles on the wall. My wife insists I not leave a tip, but I planned to leave a couple dollars because maybe the waitress was new and was having a rough start. Well the waitress walks up, I hand her a 20 and step away leaving my wife get the change while I finished reading the article on the wall about 3 feet away. Well I hear the register slam loudly and look over wondering what happened to see the waitress stomping (literally) away. I asked my wife if I missed something and she said no, that the waitress is obviously angry about everything. At that point we leave feeling insulted and hungry as all I ate was the hash browns which were cold and mushy.

Anybody that remember's Mike's Country Kitchen as a good place should stay away and keep it a good memory. I have just witnessed one of the best family restaurants in town and home of the Bruce Burger go down hill to be the worse experience in a place in all my life serving up lousy food and horrible offensive insulting service. Keep it a good memory and go elsewhere like Moms or Clarks.

8  Thank Here2dayGone2morrow