“Pleasant Surprise”

Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed May 16, 2013

With 100's of chain fast food restaurants in Alamogordo, what a pleasant surprise to find a local restaurant located in a lovely historic home. I was stunned to see this lovely home complete with front porch and green lawn in front. Food was great and server very friendly. The owner of the business happend to be there and she chatted with us about the history of the home and renovations, etc. The decor was nicely done and we felt like we had stepped back into time sitting in the former parlor. Nice finishes on the historic home that you do not see anymore. A fun and totally unexpected place to dine.

If you are tired of the fast food scene, then try this unique restaurant.

Reviewed May 13, 2013

A friend introduced me to Memories Restaurant about ten years ago. I try to stop there anytime I'm in the Alamogordo area. The huge front porch and Victorian-style location make it feel like a visit to your grandmother's house--warm, welcoming and, of course, great food! In this "hustle and bustle" world, it's nice to sit back and relax in this homey "sit-a-spell" atmosphere. My favorite place to eat is on the "side porch."

I've eaten many meals at Memories over the years. The menu choices are simply astounding! The food is consistently exceptional, as is the service. I also feel it is reasonably priced as well. You can come to Memories for a "special occasion" as some of the local high school prom-goers did last weekend when I was there, for a business luncheon, or just for a laid-back meal with family or friends.

The owner and her staff go to great lengths to make you feel welcome. I love supporting a small, local, family-run business, too.

I would highly suggest making a reservation as it has been my experience that if the front door is open, this restaurant is full! When passing through Alamogordo--don't "forget" Memories!

Reviewed April 23, 2013

I have ate at Memories several times and have NEVER had a bad meal. From their steak in the evening to the soups, sandwiches, salads, quiche at lunch. The loaded baked potato soup is my favorite. Delicious deserts to choose from as well.

Reviewed April 19, 2013

The bake potato soup is to die for!!! Took my daughter her for her birthday and the staff was just wonderful. We will be back

Reviewed March 17, 2013

Tired of "chain" dining? Real table cloth and great decor are found here. Memories served a great Mahi Mahi to my bride on our anniversary. I had the Chicken Cordon Bleu. Very delicious! The presentations were beautiful.The menu listed steaks, seafoods, poultry, and pork dishes making it difficult to decide on a main course. The wines were top notch. The desert was fantastic. I had the Italian Creme Cake and she had the cheesecake. It was a delight to the taste buds. The service was good and friendly. The house is designed to take you back to another era with mahogany trim and interesting collectables everywhere. I noted a German accent. Our German waitress was a delight. Let loose of those chains. Memories is a different experience of very fine dining.