“Did not want my business....”
Review of Brown Bag Deli

Brown Bag Deli
Ranked #6 of 89 Restaurants in Alamogordo
Reviewed January 12, 2014

I called on Jan 12, 2014. I wanted to place a large order for Monday pick up. I asked if they had a menu on the web. Was told NO. I asked if they could tell me the soup for Monday, was told NO. I asked if they could tell me what is on the menu and was told we are busy. I asked if they could call me back and young lady said, "maybe I'll call you back "if" we have time" . I said this is for 15-20 people and she did not seem to care. I am taking my business to Subway or elsewhere. I hope the owner is aware of the poor customer service on the phone. I also suggest you consider delivery, for advanced orders. I'd be happy to pay a deliver fee and tip. Oh, when she hung up she did not say good bye, or thank you it was just click..... whatever.....

There are newer reviews for Brown Bag Deli

Reviewed January 7, 2014

When you have an owner who works his own business, then you'll typically find a great product, a clean environment, and friendly people. The only time when I've found it not quite so is at night after he's left and there are mainly just high school/college age employees holding down the fort. It's not that they're not friendly, it's just that you hear a lot of chatting about personal matters (romances/breakups/parties) going on behind the counter when they should be concentrating on putting out a good product. But other than that, I don't think I can say I have ever had a "bad" experience there, either with food or with service. And the Boar's Head meats they use are several notches above the pre-sliced meat you get at the chain sandwich shops. You might pay a bit more for their sandwiches, but you have to look at the quality you're getting. And FRESH, FRESH, FRESH. That's the best I could leave you with.

2  Thank babymom2007
Reviewed November 5, 2013

Fresh and delicious sandwiches with a long list of options to choose from. It certainly had the best selection of sandwiches available, easily crushing Subway with its breadth of choices and the type of sandwiches available. It is off on a side street from one of the main roads in Alamogordo and would not be easy to come upon if not for TripAdvisor, another great find, thanks TA.

Reviewed October 14, 2013

Stopped by the Brown Bag Deli this weekend on another paragliding trip. This is a great sandwich shop. They have a lot of sandwich options, from build-your-own to shop concoctions like the New Mexican Club with turkey, bacon, green chile and cheese. They have many different meat and cheeses to choose from, as well as dressings and toppings. The sandwiches also come in 6", 8", or 12" options and are reasonably priced. I was pleasantly surprised. The ingredients were more upscale than a Quiznos or Subway. I would definitely recommend this for a to-go picnic or lunch spot.

Reviewed July 13, 2013

We visited the zoo in Alamogordo on our first weekend in New Mexico. While we were leaving, I looked on tripadvisor for a sandwich place for lunch. The lady in the gift shop told us to go to Quizno's but I went with the reviews and we were NOT disappointed. Fantastic find. Thanks tripadvisor :-)