All reviews great value small room soap and shampoo comfortable bed nice tv within walking distance light sleeper national park walgreens microwave motel plug pillows luxury television pistachio budget
Selected filters
Reviewed October 4, 2018 via mobile

TOO BAD YOU CAN’T GIVE ZERO OR -1 STARS. Reserved through Hotels.com. Must learn to read the bad reviews. Man checking us in spoke little to no English. We wanted to add a night (before we discovered the AIR MATRESS) so we are thankful he didn’t understand us. Yes you read that right, our bed was an AIR MATRESS. We sat on our Kmart special air mattress and reserved another hotel. When we came back the next morning to check out, a woman, presumably his wife, yelled at me from across the parking lot and was clapping her hands at me. I told her we were checking out and she snapped the key from my hand and walked away. DON’T WASTE YOUR MONEY ON THIS HOTEL. IT’S A DUMP!

Date of stay: October 2018
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
2  Thank tahitidiver2018
Reviewed May 23, 2018

This motel is owner-operated by what looks like a husband and wife. I knew we were going to be a late check in and had advised them - check in was easy. No coffee, no breakfast in am. Room was very small but fine for the single overnight we needed. Bed was good, pillows were good. Clean. No outlet in the bathroom except at the light high above the sink. No hair dryer provided. My biggest complaint was the over-halfway used roll of toilet paper and no spare in case we ran out. Luckily we travel with wipes for emergencies. The fridge was big and cold and the little freezer shelf worked great to freeze my cold packs. The microwave was clean (didn't use it but opened it to check it out). The closet was a bit awkward if you needed to use it, and the door had to be opened with both hands because the track was iffy. The television worked easily. My second biggest complaint was the location of the only plug that we could access easily. If you use your phone to charge overnight and as an alarm, you were out of luck (see pictures). The A/C worked fabulously! The motel is located on the main road through Alamogordo, so there was quite a bit of road noise through the night. I can sleep through anything, so it didn't bother me when I had to get up a couple times during the night. neither one of us used the shower, so can't say anything about that - it was a hand-held shower head if you needed it, and it looked old, but clean. Overall, for $50 and the convenience of location, it was fine. The Denny's one mile down the road (west) was great ;-)

Date of stay: May 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
Reviewed April 12, 2018 via mobile

I spent one night here. I came in late and the staff was accommodating with my late arrival. I did call twice that I was coming in late. The room was clean and well maintained. I would be hard pressed to find anything to complain about this older motel. I definitely would stay here in the future.

Date of stay: April 2018
Trip type: Traveled solo
Reviewed March 21, 2018

For $40 I rented a small room in this 1960-ish hotel, or what used to be a "motor-lodge." It's an old building, but the bed was comfortable, the carpet was new, there was a flat-screen TV (didn't watch, so I can't tell you if the channels are any good), and the in-room WiFi was as strong as any I've experienced. The shower was very small. Everything was clean. It's not an impressive property, but the Classic superbly met my needs. I'd call it a great value.

Date of stay: March 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
Reviewed February 26, 2018

At $35 you can’t beat the price. The motel has a good location right on the main street. This looks like motels I stayed in with my folks back in the 1960s. It is horseshoe shaped with the office on one end. It looks like it was built in the 1950s. Our room was kind of old and dated. My wife didn’t care for it but I thought it was satisfactory. It was clean and had a comfortable bed. I was surprised that it had a refrigerator and a microwave. The room could use more lights, it was dimly lit.

Date of stay: February 2018