“Carino's Alamogordo, NM”

Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: New, Opened June 4th
Reviewed February 16, 2013

This was our first time at this Carino's. It was Valentine's Day and our wait was 15 minutes. We went to the bar for a drink and I had the Bellini. It was just sweet enough and very enjoyable. We ordered the calamari for an appetizer and I thought they were a bit tough. They were served with marinara sauce and that was good. I ordered the Angel Hair pasta with artichokes. It also had black olives and capers. It was light and I had enough leftover for lunch the next day. My boyfriend had the shrimp scampi. He enjoyed it but had terrible heartburn that evening. The bread was warm and served with olive oil and roasted garlic. We were too full to have dessert. I enjoyed the staff. Our waitress was very nice and engaged in conversation with us. She did not check on us too often which was good. I would eat there again!

Reviewed February 11, 2013

Had a nicely prepared meal that was reasonably priced. Equally important, it was a short walk from the Fairfield Inn.

Reviewed February 4, 2013

We like to try Italian food when we travel so decided to try this place. The food is good & our service was elxcellent. Nothing special here but I would stop here again.

Reviewed February 3, 2013

...just before 9pm on a Sunday evening (they closed at 10pm). There were actually several other diners and a few folks at the bar too, which we sat across from in a booth. Two of us shared a bottle of Bogle cab with the spicy Romano chicken pasta and a calamari appetizer and it was really quite yummy albeit a little on the salty side! The two-buck dessert tiramisu was so-so (but it was two bucks) and sharing it was a nice, small after dinner palate change. The service was friendly and efficient and it was an extremely enjoyable meal, overall.

Reviewed January 27, 2013

All Food, all items, Done and serviced well, very enjoyable,I highly recommend it, Best in Town! service and food very good!