“Don't judge a book.....”
Review of Doner Grill - CLOSED

Doner Grill
Cuisines: German
Reviewed October 22, 2013

Got a late start on lunch and decided to try the Doner Grill based mainly on its proximity to Holloman Air Force Base, where I work. I was pleasantly surprised at the quality and freshness of the ingredients used in my Doner Pita. The Pita was quite large and could possibly feed two adults. The fries were hot and lightly salted. I got hot sauce in my pita and I recommend it. All told, the pita, fries, and a bottled Coke Zero set me back $9.40.

2  Thank autigers5252

Reviewed June 23, 2013 via mobile

After being awake for 20 hrs and driving all day, the first idea we had was to eat. We decided to try this. It's a little awkward to find off the highway because it doesn't look like a restaurant. The inside is simple, table and chairs. It looks like they are still establishing their selves. The food was good. We just had sandwiches and fries, I don't know about anything else the menu has. For 7-8$ we had a pita that was completely full and spilling over, fries and a drink. It's simple, clean and affordable for a lunch. We will go back again.

2  Thank HGEOFF
Reviewed January 2, 2013

Well, that's almost 10 bucks I'll never see again.

Doner plate: Meat drowned in bland tzatziki sauce (and for me to complain about that is something, because I *love* tzatziki sauce!), a slap of iceburg lettuce mix on the side, also drowning in some sort of white dressing (the salad almost surely from a big bag o' iceburg from Walmart), so-so meat (lamb? beef? I really couldn't tell), and part of a pita bread. Forgettable fries. There were a few slivers of onions under the meat. .... I don't know - I've enjoyed many a gyros and many a doner, and if what the Doner Grill serves is typical of a German-style doner, then I'll stick with the Middle-Eastern and Asian style, thanks.

Schnitzel burger: Covered in a mound of the same salad as on the above plate, with more sauce (tzatziki? don't know, didn't taste it) than my companion would have liked on the burger. The schnitzel tasted like a poor quality breaded pork something. Bun was OK.

The staff were business-like.

For the prices charged, I actually felt a little resentful that it's expected for customers to clear their own tables.

Because I love doner and gyros so much, I think my expectations were just too high.

Reviewed December 28, 2012

They have a friendly atmosphere there, not fancy but friendly.
The food speaks for itself, it is soo fresh and flavorful, like nowhere else within miles! Prices are very modest too. I also like that they are independent and not a franchise chain. Over time i dragged aquite a few friends to that place and EVERYONE loved it!! Just writing about it made me hungry, can't wait to go back!

2  Thank john a
Reviewed October 12, 2012

I've been here a few times, but no more because I keep reminding myself that this is not the doner that I know from being overseas. The food is SOOO greasy. They should try to offer rice on the side instead of fries.