“Surprised that I did not have to bring my own towel”
Review of Motel 6 Alamogordo

Motel 6 Alamogordo
Ranked #12 of 13 Hotels in Alamogordo
Reviewed December 3, 2010

Paid over $ 50,- First room that we were given was not ready (beds did not have sheets or blankets, room had not been cleaned). We had to go back to the reception to get the key for a different room that had a problem with the lock (it took between 5 and 10 swipes to open the door while pushing the handle hard) Only bathroom amenities that were offered: towels and 2 pieces of soap. when I asked for some shampoo and a toothbrush at the reception it was "No, we don't have any...." Blankets were very thin and we felt cold in the night, carpet was dirty, shower curtain had some fungus, shower head was rusty. Swimming pool was closed. Window A/C - heater unit provided unhealthy dry air with a burnt smell. Unfriendly receptionist. We were happy to leave. Coffee in the morning tasted terrible, made me want to throw up.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled as a couple
2  Thank flyhi152

Reviewed November 22, 2010

I came to Alamogordo for 2 nights on business. I figured that most of the motels would be the same so I booked here because it was the cheapest. It's in a convenient location to get to White Sands, but was really noisy because of all the traffic and construction. We didn't get much sleep the first night because of this and were woken by someone mowing the lawn right in front of our door at 6:30 A.M.

We were pretty frustrated and spoke to the woman at the front desk. She was unapologetic, but offered us a room on the other side of the building for the second night. We moved our equipment up the stairs and around to the back. The next morning we were again woken up early by people mowing on the other side. I didn't bother to say anything that time since the woman I'd spoken to previously didn't seem to care.

Maybe if you're a sound sleeper or have some earplugs this might be an okay place. I'm sure they don't mow everyday, but I won't be back.

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled on business
2  Thank Cemie
Reviewed November 21, 2010

Overall there is not much choice in Alamogordo. So I picked the Motel 6, since I have good experinces with them.
The service was very good, very friendly. The room was nice. Parking easy.
The hotel is on the southeast end of Alamogordo, but the town is easy to reach (and it´s a good starting point to White Sands NP).
Unusually the wifi was free, good conection. The bed was a little bit hard, but the stay was ok.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled solo
1  Thank defMunichCanyonRider
Reviewed August 1, 2010

I had stayed at this location in Feb of 2010 and it wasn't bad but when I came back in July it had really gone downhill. I was given room 129 which is on the bottom floor and there was a room above me a little ways down that had a broken window that they had only fixed with cardboard and duct tape. I opened the door to my room and the place was a mess. The bed looked like the comforter was just pulled up there was hair and crumbs all over the table and in the bathroom, the floor was horribly stained. Since I was traveling alone I decided to check to make sure the window locked and it didn't. The entire locking mechanism was busted. I called the front desk and asked to switch rooms and I was told that I needed to wait for maintenance to come fix it. She stated that it would be 5 minutes. I told her that I need to leave shortly to meet someone for dinner and she assured me that they would be there. Thirty minutes later and no one was there and I went to the front desk and was told curtly that I couldn't change rooms and that I needed to wait for maintenance. I decided to check out. I will not go back. I travel to Alamogordo twice a year for an event and there isn’t much to choose from that accepts dogs. I also understand that the manager they had has left and the crew now is completely inept. It was family time when I checked in. Multiple people and children behind the front desk and the woman working kept getting distracted talking to her friends and the kid. Granted it is a Motel 6 but does everything that's inexpensive have to be bad???

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled solo
3  Thank bcmama
Reviewed July 27, 2010

Wel, you get what you pay for, i payed 51 dollar, for a to queen bedroom. and that was that it was. It was clean and i have not so much to complain about.
I only think the checkin lady's where a bit...how should i say this, not really intrested....
They just continued with there personal talking with me in the room, and they were not very friendly. But then again, what can people expect, it i a good choice if you're on a budget and want to visit the white sands, this motel lies in the south side of town...
average is the right word......

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank bergen74
Reviewed December 24, 2009

Very basic but clean. Cost us $39 + tax so you get what you pay for!

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank lvera
Reviewed July 3, 2009

Stayed for 2 nights in June, they did mess up my booking , having me for one night instead of 2 and upped the rate due the digital TV switch over, go figure!

the rooms are clean and a it's a good location for white sands, close to many restaurants so plenty of fast food / diner choice.

So fine for a short stay

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled solo