See what travelers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed April 7, 2017

It is a Motel Six. A little run down but acceptable for one night. WIFI sucks, but is free. Room was small, as was the bed ... even for a Motel 6. Did have a fridge and microwave, and while it is less than we have come to expect from Motel 6, it's OK.

Date of stay: April 2017
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 26, 2017

This location has been upgraded. The rooms are nice, equipped with a microwave and a refrigerator, and free internet. We stayed there en-route to White Sands National Monument. We had a good stay and enjoyed it.

Date of stay: May 2016
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed January 31, 2017

Still one of the best chains in the States. The only thing that separates them are staff.
And this one had great staff, nothing was too much trouble for them, the room was spotless. It's in a great location next to eateries and gift shops. An ideal base for White Sands N M

Date of stay: March 2016
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 12, 2017 via mobile

For the same standard room rate, this location has micro/ frig AND free wifi that works great. We travel a lot on biz and this was one of the best M6 locations we stayed in. Also the property is very quiet. No semi parking.

Date of stay: January 2017
Trip type: Traveled on business
Reviewed September 16, 2016

We stayed one night at the Motel 6 in Alamogordo on the way home from Sedona.

The Good......Friendly staff, clean room, HOT shower, good selection of channels on the television, clean room, clean linens, clean towels, good location. The hotel is near Chili's, Applebees, Taco Bell, and other restaurants. I saw a pool, but I did not use it, or even go near it. The staff was accommodating, and was able to fulfill our wish of having two adjoining rooms on the ground level. The bill was more than reasonable. This is Alamogordo, and not some tourist trap, but I paid less for two rooms than I did for a single room almost anywhere else I contacted. There was a small refrigerator in the room. The air conditioner seemed to be rather old, but it worked, and that is all one can ask for.

The bad........I saw several "meth heads" hanging around the location when we first arrived, but they in no way bothered us, and they either left the premises or retreated into a room for the night, as I did not see them again after we got settled in to the rooms. There was an abandoned (what appeared to be) motel directly behind the hotel, but it was fenced off, and we experienced no problems from it while we were there.

When all is said and done, the Motel 6 was a good choice for us. It is not the Hyatt, Holiday Inn, or Best Western, etc.......but it WAS a great priced Motel to spend the night for a foursome of road weary travelers on he way home. The room, and everything in the room was clean, the television and air conditioner worked flawlessly, and the shower was great! Hot, hot water, an really good water pressure. Plus, I booked the rooms at a really late time, and the staff was able to meet all of our needs and desires. I would probably stay here again if the situation presented itself, and the quality of the motel was a least as good as it was on this visit.

Date of stay: September 2016