“Excellent Staff”

Fairfield Inn & Suites Alamogordo
Ranked #6 of 13 Hotels in Alamogordo
Reviewed January 29, 2013

I've stayed at this hotel over 30 nights in the past few months and can't say enough about the staff. From the very first time I walked through the doors everyone has treated me like they are glad I'm here. They all fully understand that it's the customers that make their paychecks.

Have there been problems? Yes, a few. But it's how the TEAM here handles the problems. I can't say enough about each and every employee at this nice hotel.

I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone that wants a nice place to stay at an affordable price. The rooms are very comfortable. The breakfast is good (GREAT coffee). The staff is by far the best thing about the hotel though.

Room Tip: I like the top floor near the end of the hall. It's very quite and the view is pretty good look...
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank Jeff F
Angie M, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Alamogordo, responded to this reviewResponded February 12, 2013

Thank you so much for sharing such great things about our hotel and staff. When staying for so long it is always nice to feel like you're right at home. We look forward to seeing you!

Reviewed January 21, 2013

My family and I wanted to visit Cloudcroft, NM (which is only 30 mins away) and fell in love with this hotel. This hotel is so nice and accomodating. The rooms are nice and clean and the staff is very asisting.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family

I am glad you enjoyed your stay! Please come back and see us.

Reviewed January 10, 2013

The Fairfield Inn is a new hotel on the southern end in this city and it is beautifully decorated. The aquarium in the lobby is a welcoming feature and forms a beautiful backdrop for the spacious breakfast dining area. The room was also very nicely appointed and comfortable, very clean and spacious with two queen beds. My only criticism was that at 4:30 AM, the person in the adjoining room turned on the television full blast and woke me up out of a deep sleep. I called down to the front desk to ask them to turn the volume down but it was almost an hour before it got quieter. We had a connecting door between the two rooms which added to the lack of sound proofing. I would not recommend getting a connecting room unless you need this type of accommodation. The breakfast was generous and included hot and cold items. This hotel is one of the most expensive but definitely worth the money.

Room Tip: Make sure you do not get a room with a connecting door to the next room unless you need that type of...
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Artist3
Angie M, Front Office Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Alamogordo, responded to this reviewResponded January 28, 2013

Thank you for staying with us! Keep in mind that if you are a Marriott Rewards member you have the ability of setting up your room preferences. You can make the request when booking a reservation online or with a Reservation Agent. I hope this helps and we look forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed January 9, 2013

I was very impressed with this hotel. Beautifully decorated, nice staff, and good size rooms with large bathrooms. We stayed there right before Christmas and the hotel looked beautiful. I wished we had stayed more than one night!

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with friends

Thank you for sharing such kind words. We look forward to seeing you during our next holiday season.

Reviewed January 2, 2013

It's a chain hotel, but this Fairfield Inn was really nice. Well appointed rooms, large bathrooms, free Wifi, microwave and minifridge (and a vending machine in the lobby that sells microwaveable meals if that's all you want to do), nice music system with Iphone/Ipod dock. Friendly staff, good breakfast included, fitness room, pool/spa. Seemed very new. There are lots of chain restaurants nearby, but there's also a nice Italian place steps away from here if you want to avoid the chains. Good value for money.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank APalan

Thank you for staying with us! Please come back and see us.

Reviewed December 28, 2012

I have never had a problem with a Marriott before, but this one took the cake. We were placed in room 410 right by the elevator and the ice machine. Normally that isn't a problem for us if the hotel is built well. This hotel's walls are the thinnest I have EVER dealt with, thinner than a Motel 6 wall/door. We heard everyone talking waiting for the elevator to come get them, we heard the ice drop in the bucket, we heard the kids running and screaming down the halls, we heard the doors slam all night long. We could hear the TV in the room next to us and once the TV went off, the snoring was so loud we thought it was coming from our room but it couldn't be when the occupants couldn't sleep. To top that off, it was so hot in the room that we cranked the AC to 60 and the fan on high but wound up sweating the whole night. To add all of this to a hard bed and pillows that went flat the minute you put your head on them, like the title of the review said, we didn't get any sleep. I am a side sleeper so I need a firm(er) pillow and a softer bed, if you too are a side sleeper, a light sleeper or someone who just wants to sleep in general, I would pick another hotel as this one will not serve that purpose.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the elevator, away from the ice maker and that has AC that actually works...
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family

It was a pleasure speaking with you. Once again, we apologize for the troubles you experienced during your stay. We have looked at the AC, and it has been corrected by our Maintenance staff. Thank you for taking the time to speak with me and I look forward to seeing you again and keeping you as a loyal Marriott guest.

Reviewed November 28, 2012

The hotel is brand new. Amazing decor for a "budget" hotel. Very modern. Nicer than some of the fancier chains I've stayed in. We just loved it! Really beautiful and clean. Staff was amazing and very helpful! Very convenient location. A great surprise!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank asubean

Thank you for taking some time to share this with us. Please come back and see us!