“Clean, modern hotel!”

Fairfield Inn & Suites Alamogordo
Ranked #5 of 13 Hotels in Alamogordo
Reviewed June 29, 2012

Let me start first with the hotel features itself. The lobby was decorated in a modern style, but very comfortable. A large aquarium with beautiful fish separates the lobby from the breakfast area. Fresh chocolate chip cookies sat at the check in area, and they actually tasted good! The pool and hot tub were both indoors. Though I found the pool to be too cold, my kids both enjoyed playing in the pool. The hot tub was very close to the pool, so I could easily see and converse with my kids as they played. There was a little waterfall type design in both the pool and hot tub that my kids enjoyed playing in. I found the temperature of the hot tub to be nice, not too hot, not too cold.

The room we had featured 2 double beds, and there was room on the floor for an air mattress. The bathroom was ample sized and there were plenty of towels and good room in the shower/bath. The bed was comfortable, as were the pillows. There was a fridge in the room, but not a microwave. The television was a flat screen with a good selection of channels. The hotel staff was very nice, suggested local restaurants, etc. The breakfast included make your own waffles as well as a good variety of other selections.

This hotel is near many other hotels and within walking distance of many restaurants. The hotel is also in super close proximity to the WONDERFUL White Sands National Monument. I have not stayed in the other hotels nearby, but the Fairfield Inn certainly has the quality and service to make it worth your stay.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
There are newer reviews for Fairfield Inn & Suites Alamogordo

Reviewed June 25, 2012

This is a nice hotel for the class/price range. Breakfast was above average, although somewhat limited selection. Staff was friendly. I noticed the same odd bathroom construction issues that someone else mentioned - poor workmanship for a new hotel. And one of the shower knobs came off when we turned it. The rainfall showerhead is cool. We would certainly stay here again. Easy access to the highway, right next to a new Carino's restaraunt.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
Gary G, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Alamogordo, responded to this reviewResponded August 6, 2012

Thank you, we sincerely appreciate your comments.

Reviewed June 21, 2012

Customer service was great...that's 4 star, but other aspects detracted. Only 1 washer and 1 dryer for entire complex. Fitness room is 2 treadmills and 1 elliptical...weight machine is really unusable and in disrepair. No dumbbells or body weight equipment. Ok, but average to below for most Marriott properties.

Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
Management response:Responded June 24, 2012

Thank you for your comments. We have an above average number of extended stay and probably should have more washers and dryers. Fairield Inns normally are more overnight guest profiles. I am sorry if this inconvenienced you. I was unaware of the problem with the weight machine. This is the first comment. I will see that it is repaired as soon as possible. Thanks so much for the comment on the staff, they work very hard to make every guests stay better.

Reviewed June 18, 2012

This hotel is located at the very end of a long blvd and is worth the drive. Great service, great staff and I would stay here again without hesitation,

Room Tip: I had a king size room, second floor and it was very quiet.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank Monika35
Gary G, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Alamogordo, responded to this reviewResponded June 19, 2012

Thanks for your gracious comments, I will let our staff know, they work very hard just for these supportive words, Thanks

Reviewed June 2, 2012

I've stayed at most of the hotels in Alamogordo and this is by far the newest and nicest hotel. We were lucky enough to be assisted by Jasmine at check in who was a delight! The hotel was completely sold out but we had advance reservations and so was given the President's Suite. It was AMAZING! There was a huge spa tub in the bathroom along with stand-up, glass shower with rainshower head. The only minor deterrent for us was the craftmanship. The grout in the tiles was coming off onto your feet. The handles for the hot and cold for the spa tub had previously been sealed down to tile with caulking. The bathroom, as beautiful as it was, looked as though it was a DIY project for someone. So sad. What this tells me is that the proprietor might have had second rate contractors finish this hotel. Too bad. This is brand new but will probably start falling apart too quick. Besides all of this, the bed was DIVINE. TV programming was very good. The pool was great and very beautiful. Breakfast was very much just continental except for some Jimmy Dean sausage biscuits. Good stay overall and would stay again.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
Gary G, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Alamogordo, responded to this reviewResponded June 3, 2012

Thank you so much for your review. Jazmine will be so proud! she is a fine associate. We are aware of some of the issues in the Presidential Suite. Repairs are on our agenda within the next two weeks based on it's availability. I wasn't aware of the grout issue, not having stayed in the room but we will address it as well. The tile around the faucets needs to be replaced. Our team, management company and proprietors are committed to resolving all issues. Thanks again!

Reviewed May 9, 2012

Very new property and easy to find. Only about 20 miles to White Sands. Came for two days recently and had a good stay. Only problem was my kids really wanted to use the pool but I guess there was some sort of issue with pool chemical balance and it was closed at the time we wanted to use it. Unfortunate, since that is what my kids really were looking forward to.

Public areas and guest rooms were nice and clean. Hotel was quiet...did have a view of backyards of homes behind the hotel. Not the best thing to see when looking out the window. Breakfast was more than adequate and nice to have. Hotel only has one elevator and it is sort of small, but we didn;t have any real issues with that, except when the door crashed into me as I was getting out...the staff member who saw/heard it said "Did you get hit by the door? That happens some."

Like the free internet and parking and proximity to restaurants (Chili's, Applebee's, Taco Bell, etc.) and we ended up at Walmart quite a bit. The Aviator movie theater is nearby (didn't get to go, but heard it's nice). All in all, if I have to be in Alamogordo, this was a good option.

Room Tip: I guess of you don't want to see backyards, request a room to the front of the hotel.
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
Gary G, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Alamogordo, responded to this reviewResponded June 1, 2012

Thank you for the kind words. Our team strives to exceed your expectations. I appologise for the pool issues. We place safety first at all times. We are working to minimize the impact on pool availability and are making progress.

Reviewed May 7, 2012

This is a brand new Inn having opened in the last 6 months. Great comfy beds and clean rooms. Continental breakfast was good. Loved the rainfall shower. There are quite a few restaurants within walking distance. Didn't get a chance to use the pool or spa but will next time and there will be a next time. For you geocachers there are plenty of caches in Alamogordo and surrounding areas to keep you busy and for the hikers the mountains in the Lincoln National Forest offer great trails. Don't miss visiting White Sands National Monument and Ruidoso.

Room Tip: Ask for an even number room they face the street, odd numbers look down on a housing development.
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple

Our team works hard to exceed our guests expectations. Your kind words are what we work hard for. I will share them with our team. Thank you