“Good place for barbecue in Alamogordo ”

Can't Stop Smoking BBQ
Ranked #3 of 89 Restaurants in Alamogordo
Cuisines: Barbecue
Reviewed February 10, 2014 via mobile

We had dinner here last night based on Trip Advisor reviews. It was a good experience: my husband had the pulled pork while I enjoyed the tri-tip. We ordered corn on the cob and cole slaw as the two sides that accompanied our meat choice. Also included was a green chile corn muffin and choice of beverage for each of us. All of this came to about $18--great value. It is a cute, family-oriented place, and the staff were extremely hospitable. We will return on our next trip.

There are newer reviews for Can't Stop Smoking BBQ

Reviewed January 7, 2014 via mobile

These folks know how to make bbq! We all enjoyed lunch plates. Quick service. Reasonable prices. This is definitely a place worthy of a return visit

Reviewed November 3, 2013 via mobile

Stopped in for dinner with friends, just really good BBQ, nice folks that work there, a nice atmosphere an enjoyable place to eat for a BBQ place, try it you'll like it.

Reviewed October 29, 2013

based on the reviews I went to this restaurant expecting a local BBQ joint with outstanding food. What I found was a run of the mill (semi-chain there are multiple locations) restaurant. Overall price was ok the food looked as though it had been out for several hours everything looked dried out. One item you couldn't even tell what it was. I order the 2 meat and sides special. The brisket was ok but the sausage link was really dry and almost uneatable. The beans again were ok but the garlic potatoes were under cooked. I'm not sure what others saw in this place and for it to be rated number 4 in Alamogordo is a joked. Would recommend some place else when looking for a place to eat in Alamogordo.

2  Thank Dennis M
Reviewed October 19, 2013

We were in Alamogordo for one day and happened to stop by for dinner. We shared between the two of us and so only tried the carnitas platter. The carnitas themselves were excellent, and with two sides and cornbread, the price was reasonable. The coleslaw was a little too sweet, but OK, but the garlic potatoes were pretty bland. The rest of the meats looked wonderful and we will definitely try this place again when in Alamogordo. However, I do resent the $0.50 credit card surcharge. Had it been any higher, I might have left instead of ordering.