“Hands Down Best in Alamogordo!!!”
Review of Stella Vita

Stella Vita
Ranked #23 of 89 Restaurants in Alamogordo
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Business meetings
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
White Sands, New Mexico
“Hands Down Best in Alamogordo!!!”
Reviewed January 28, 2014

Stella Vita is hands down the best restaurant in Alamogordo. In fact, when you are inside, you feel like you just walk in off the streets of a large, bustling metropolis because it has a big city feel. I have been to Stella Vita about ten times and have never been disappointed. The atmosphere is refined, the food is scrumptious, and the service is pretty good.

My favorite thing to order is the Stella Vita Salad for $9.25 as of January 2014 (only available at lunch/see attached photo). It has generous portions of nuts, berries, chopped turkey, and is delightful. Their bread they bring out before the meal is super yummy, and their grilled cheese gourmet sandwiches are always a favorite on a chilly day.

I love that they even have a nursing/changing room and stock it with Pampers diapers. Who does this? It makes it a great place for new moms to go because you know that there is a spot to get away in case your little one has a meltdown.

They have recently added some new items to their menu...LOVE them. The only thing I don't like about this restaurant is their low-budget website. I could've created a better one. It doesn't even list their hours :(

• Visited January 2014
1 Thank NewYorkBellita

Alamogordo, New Mexico
“Charming!”
Reviewed December 28, 2013

Wonderful atmosphere, great service, fantastic food!! Highly recommend!! Great for lunch or dinner, special place for special events.

Visited December 2013
1 Thank Ken7772013
Socorro, NM
“Lovely restaurant in Alamogordo”
Reviewed September 8, 2013

We have reason to go to Alamogordo a bit because my husband is a paragliding pilot. This weekend I decided to use TA to find a good restaurant there, since there aren't many. While the service on this particular night was a little slow and distracted (they were preparing for a large party) they were cognizant of the issue and apologized for the wait.

The food, however, was very good; a little on the high end price-wise, but we don't mind paying for a good meal. The staff were very friendly and the atmosphere was nice.

If I had a criticism to give, it would be that their beer selection could really be upgraded. It looks like they have the wine down, but we are beer connoisseurs. These days, there are so many excellent microbrews (even local to New Mexico) to choose from, I'm surprised there weren't more options. But we were happy to find such a lovely spot in Alamogordo.

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank Cathryn P
Midvale
“The best in New Mexico, I will never miss this place”
Reviewed July 18, 2013

This is the only place to eat in Alamagordo--such service!! The salads are the best and I travel quite a bit and I will never miss a chance to eat here--thank you everyone--

• Visited July 2013
Camp Verde, Arizona
“We ordered so it would be ready but not prepared until got there”
Reviewed June 5, 2013

While I realize this is not a fast food restaurant, this was a special time-involved situation. The food was ordered for a specific time so it could be picked up and eaten at the office but it was not prepared until arrival occured for pick up. Needless to say, it put everything behind schedule. We won't be eating there unless we have lots of time and can go in and sit down.

Visited May 2013