See what travelers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed April 9, 2018

Very disappointed with this place. I went inside to check-in (I booked online). The lady took one look at me and said, "there will be no drug use at this hotel". EXCUSE ME!!?!! I am not a drug user/abuser and did not appreciate her insinuating that I was. Further, the rooms do not look the pictures, and someone tried to break in my car. not worth the money.

Date of stay: March 2018
1  Thank Candice B
Reviewed July 29, 2017

* felt safe * convenient location * clean * staff was nice * refrigerator in room helped * bathroom clean * * air conditioning worked really well * restaurants abundant and of walking distance * parking easy to get in ...challenging to get out * all bigger hotels in area booked solid , this was the only one with availability , hesitant at first ,but pleased , would stay there again.* Price was good * WalMart near by * grounds clean * a basic room , great for an overnight stay ...or two....* First time staying in Alamogordo *

Date of stay: July 2017
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 24, 2017

first of all, i don't like to give terrible reviews. if you read my reviews, i have only given one place an average. i have traveled alot with my best friend many times before i found trip advisor. so there are many places i haven't reviewed. so, YES, we do ALOT of traveling!
i will start with the better things of this motel. room was 1/2 decent, fairly clean and comfortable. person at front desk was again, 1/2 way decent. reasonable price

now for the NEGITIVE.... WOW, WE DID NOT FEEL SAFE!! DO NOT stay here if you want to feel safe and secure!!! here is why..... THERE WERE NO DEADBOLTS ON THE DOOR OR ANYWHERE!!
all the room had was a regular door handle lock, and a chain slide!! OMG.... ONLY PLACE WE HAVE EVER STAYED THAT DIDN'T HAVE SAFE LOCKS!!! we couldn't sleep very well as we didn't feel safe!!!! i/we have stayed in some "shady" motels that i haven't reviewed as, again, it was before i found trip advisor. but HOLY COW!! ONLY motel that DID NOT have a deadbolt on door, and ONLY motel we have ever stayed in like that! it was just ... WOW!! UNBELIEVABLE!! with being unfamiliar with the area, we were not sure that someone could just pick the lock on the door handle and break the chain. just felt sooooooo very unsafe.

I DO NOT RECOMMEND THIS MOTEL IF YOU WANT A SAFE AND SECURE FEELING! how surprising to us that there was not more secure locks! NEVER been in a motel like that!

Date of stay: July 2017
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
1  Thank marlayne s
Reviewed March 21, 2017 via mobile

Visited Alamogordo to do the Bataan Death March Marathon, and found this Inn it was very cheap, simple, clean with very nice owners!! It's not fancy but it was well worth the stay for the price. Owners were great and very accommodating! I would definitely stay here again when I come back next year!

Date of stay: March 2017
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 5, 2017

I stayed at the Economy Inn October 2012. It is a nice, old place. I prefer old and stay away from new motels due to noise issues from poor new construction. I had a nice quiet room! There was plenty of room in the back to walk my service dog. Walking distance to several restaurants. (Sonic Drive Inn next door.) My only issue was getting the phone turned on for toll free calls! I was moving to Alamogordo and was unsure how long I would stay until my house was ready. The room was prepay but they gave me a credit for early checkout.

Room tip: Ask for the type of room that you want.
Date of stay: April 2016