“We enjoyed our stay!!”

Ranked #1 of 13 Hotels in Alamogordo
Hood River, OR
“We enjoyed our stay!!”
Reviewed August 25, 2009

My 94 y/o mother and I were visiting the White Sands NM to do some photography. I read about this motel on Trip Advisor. We were not disappointed. We spent 3 nights. The managers were friendly , and we had a nice clean room, with 2 beds, a small refrigerator and a microwave. Well worth the money. I loved the lighted motel sign at night!!! A classic.

• Stayed April 2009
1 Thank JudiLB

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (59)
Albuquerque, NM
Reviewed August 16, 2009

My husband and I decided to take a trip to White Sands one weekend on a whim from Albuquerque. I called this motel the day of our trip, based on the reviews here. The owner offered me the AAA discount on the phone even without me asking. On our way down, we had a blowout of our tires, so by the time we finally rolled into Alamogordo, it was well past midnight. No problem, he still had our room for us. The room was very clean and very simple. The bed was VERY comfortable. We were prepared with out own soaps and hair dryer based on the reviews we read here. We chatted with the owner in the morning over the breakfast of honey nut cheerios and raisin bran. He pointed us to a good tire shop down the road. We grabbed a few sticky buns and apples for our later hike around white sands. We went to his recommended tire shop, got a good deal on 4 new tires in less than an hour, and had a wonderful day playing in White Sands. Perfect trip!

• Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank jak51
Cardiff, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 26, 2009

My son and I were visiting from the UK and stayed one night at the White Sands Motel after a night camping on the dunes at White Sands National Monument - we chose it specifically after reading Trip Advisor reviews.

We received a very warm welcome on arrival and were even allowed to check in early. I had requested a room at the back of the property with a mountain view, and this was granted. Our room was wonderful - perfectly clean, great A/C (it hit 105f during our stay), a fridge and microwave, free wifi, and a wonderfully hot & powerful shower.

The complimentary coffee and fruit was most welcome the next morning, and we were ideally located at the end of the "strip' between Alamogordo and White Sands.

You simply couldn't find a better place to stay for the price and hospitality, and if we ever return to White Sands will not hesitate to stay again - or to recommend it to others.

I usually stay at Hampton Inns but decided that their rate for this trip was just too much, and am so glad I found this place.

• Stayed July 2009
ALPINE
Reviewed July 5, 2009

The pickin's are slim in Alamogordo but my husband found The White Sands on the internet and we hoped for the best. We found the room to be comfortable and clean. The owners are very friendly and the rates are reasonable. They serve a simple breakfast of cereal, packaged sweet rolls, and coffee which I didn't partake of but there were others eating heartily when I went in the office to check out. I left my walking stick there and the owners said they'd hold it for me even though I didn't know when I'd be passing through again. If you're looking for something posh, this is not the place. If you're looking for a clean, inexpensive, and friendly establishment, I would recommend the White Sands.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank jwightma
Brea
Reviewed May 1, 2009

We stayed in this motel mainly based on member recommendations. The rooms are very clean, and quiet. There is a refrigarator and microwave oven. But: No hairdryer (when was the last time you stayed in a motel without one???), no clock radio. The towels were very samll and thin. The breakfast - oh well. I would not even consider calling it breakfast. There were a couple of strange looking cereals, and some packaged danishes (how old were these???) on the counter at the office...In short, for a little money the rooms can be improved, and the experience can be different. The price was $60 per night, which is not really cheap in those parts of the country. For a few $$'s more go to a place that has what it takes to be considered a nice motel room.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank LovestotravelCA
Israel
Reviewed April 30, 2009

We - a party of 5 (3 generations) stayed 2 nights in this lovely motel. The rooms were nice and clean - equipped with microwave oven and mini-fridge and very comfortable beds. Highly recommended for people travelling on a limited budget.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled with family
1 Thank Yael23
California
Reviewed April 3, 2009

We booked three rooms after reading TA reviews and were not disappointed with our stay. It was a great value, the rooms were clean and the beds were comfortable. We were located in the back with a great view of the mts. I liked being able to drive right up to our rooms. Other family members stayed in the front building in a family room which had 2 bedrooms for their family of four. A simple breakfast is available in the lobby. The staff is very friendly. Close to restaurants too.

• Stayed February 2009, traveled with family