White Sands Motel
    Great 4.5/5
    Classic Inn Motel(Alamogordo)
    Rodeway Inn(Alamogordo)
    View Hotel
    All reviewsneon signgreat valuecontinental breakfastchain hotelsfriendly ownersroom was cleansweet couplerecent tripcoffee maker in the roommountain viewplace to stayminute drivefree wifiseveral restaurants within walking distancenew mexicomini fridgequeen bed
    FilterAll languages
    Reviewed August 6, 2012

My family stayed here in August so we could go to White Sands Nat. Park. We arrived fairly late and were greeted with free sleds to use at the dunes and a clean family room ( 3 beds) for the night. Would recomend to a family staying in the area.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
    1  Thank WLBTexas
    Reviewed August 6, 2012

Super comfortable beds, the prices were very reasonable, and the location is great for visiting White Sands National Monument. We found the in-room air conditioner to be very loud and interfered with our sleep.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
    1  Thank DAW12
    Reviewed July 21, 2012

The staff here are so friendly. I called an hour before my arrival to have them turn on the air and fridge. My room was clean and cool when I checked in - 15 minutes early. They offered us sleds to use at White Sands National Park - saving us 28$ - how nice. We rented a family room, which exceeded my expectations. It was so nice to send my girls to their own room to chat and play while I relaxed. This is a great place to stay - great value - wonderful locally owned small busisness.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
    1  Thank Natalie A
    Reviewed July 15, 2012 via mobile

Excellent value. I would definitely stay here again in a "family room." The rooms are nice for the price. Breakfast was decent. Soaps and shampoos were really cheap and the wi-fi was very shotty, but I would still stay again if I were passing through.

• Stayed: June 2012
    1  Thank VatoElvis
    Reviewed July 13, 2012

The glitz of a bright flashing sign advertising a hotel or business anywhere other than the city of Las Vegas, Nevada is normally an ominous sign; however, if you're looking for great value and a good night's sleep in the city of Alamogordo, New Mexico, turn towards it.

The White Sands Motel, centrally located in Alamogordo, New Mexico is a very basic hotel. No fitness center, no five star amenities; just a clean room with a comfortable bed. In addition, there is wi-fi, a television (with the basic channels one has come to expect with cable,) a fridge and microwave.

Arriving from Cloudcroft and headed towards White Sands National Monument, my stay at the White Sands Motel occurred on July 12, 2012 and was but one small part of a larger road trip through the Southern part of New Mexico. I was accompanied on this trip with my wife and three-year old son.

After my one day stay in Alamogordo, what I can honestly say is this- if you're looking for a five star hotel and all of the amenities that such establishments have to offer towards their clientele, you won't find one in in this city. However, if you're looking for great value and a safe, clean, good night's rest, you needn't look no further.

Dennis M. Price