“Awesome experience_White Sand, NM, USA” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of White Sands National Monument

White Sands National Monument
Ranked #1 of 20 things to do in Alamogordo
More attraction details
Owner description: Visitors to this endless waterless sea can enjoy driving, hiking, visiting a museum and sledding down the huge dunes.
Noida
12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 20 helpful votes
“Awesome experience_White Sand, NM, USA”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 28, 2013

I visited this place during my stay at Las Cruces in the winter of 2010. I spent the entire evening at this awesome place exploring various sand patterns and enjoying changing landscape with the sun. Unforgettable experience.

Visited October 2012

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Kansas
20 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 22 helpful votes
“Great Island in the Desert”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 28, 2013

Passing through the area on way home from Las Cruces. Had always heard of White Sands so knew we needed to stop. What a pleasure to see the pure white sand and so well maintained. Would stop again although I have now seen it. Great little museum and very nice gift shop. Clean restrooms. A place you can see quickly or spend a day.

Shreveport, Louisiana
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Whitest of the White”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 28, 2013

My family and I had a blast at White Sands National Park! I have to admit I wasn't the most thrilled to stop here being that we were on a road trip and this was just a stop along the way to our destination, but upon seeing the seemingly endless expanse of truly white sand dunes everywhere, I was overcome and felt the insatiable desire to stop our vehicle and climb to the top of some of the dunes. The view of the massive sky coupled with the pure white sand was so amazing that I walked around too much and too far and ended up getting a sunburn and being near exhaustion by the time I made it back to the car! I didn't mind either of these though because I was having too much fun to care!

Visited July 2013
Midland, Texas
66 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 114 helpful votes
“White Sands is always a pleasure to visit.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 25, 2013

We visited on a full moon evening when the park stays open till midnight. I'm an avid photographer and enjoyed being able to stay late and get in some night shots. Worth checking out on full moon nights. Tried to get back in on saturday when they were having a balloon festival and the line at 6am was three miles long and not moving. I'd skip that event which has no reflection on the park itself. We skipped that and went to Las Cruces and Rockhound SP near Deming instead.

St Marys
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Spectacular natural landscape”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 24, 2013

Watching the video was the key to appreciating the natural wonder of this area so take the time to see it first. When you realize how this area came to be, you will truly enjoy its wonder.