“Terrible Hotel”

Hotel Kailash Palace
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Chandigarh
Hotel Kailash Palace
Ranked #65 of 111 Hotels in Chandigarh
Reviewed May 23, 2012

I stayed in Hotel Kailash Palace in January 2012. This is a terrible hotel run by rogues.
When I first entered the hotel they showed me some rooms on the first floor for me to use and then when I showed them my expedia booking they said the rooms on the first floor were reserved for bankers. The rooms were filthy and the blankets were dirty.
Finally when I checked out they cheated me on the bill.

Room Tip: Stay away from this hotel.
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled with family
4  Thank SandyKum

Reviewed January 6, 2011

I stayed here for two nights because I wanted to see the famous Nek Chand Rock Garden in Chandigarh, and was also curious to see an Indian city which was actually designed (by Corbusier). The hotel is in Sector 22C which is a good central position to be in, close to Sector 17 which has the bus station, shops, eatieries etc.

The hotel itself is pretty average and I found myself in a room with no window (keep a torch handy in case the electricity goes off.) I had to ask for an upper sheet and towel but these were cheerfully provided. The hot water wasn't very reliable but the room was clean, with a big bed and TV, and I could plug in my travelling kettle for tea. They provide room service but it's cheaper to just go to the Family Restaurant next door to the hotel which is where they get their food from. (NB Only order the chow mein if you like it really spicy/hot!)

What stood out for me at this hotel was the friendliness and affability of the staff. They were really sweet - they were very welcoming and pleasant and when I left they got me a tuk tuk to the station at 5.30am.

For one or two nights this hotel was good value for the money.

NB Don't miss the Nek Chand Rock Garden. It's unique and very entertaining in a somewhat weird way. It costs 10R and it's free if you're over 100! The museum is also very good and cheap - entry is only 10R and 5 R for a camera.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled solo
2  Thank NZGill
Reviewed December 9, 2010

Two instances -
1. Service - Breakfast ordered at 8:20 and asked for time to serve. Answer was 15-20 minutes. Again called at 8:50 to check order status. Answer within 10 minutes. Again called at 9:10 to check why breakfast has not been served. Answer was terrible, 'I forgot to tell in the kitchen, I will tell now wait for 15-20 minutes.' As we have to attend exhibition we went without any breakfast.
2. Cheating at Billing time - I checked in hotel on 3rd Dec and deposited advance of Rs.1000. They gave advance slip from their manual register. I checked out after 3 days. As I was in hurry at the time of check out, they took advantage of it. The person gave me some computerized bill but without deducting advance given. As I was in hurry I forgot to mention advance given, I thought as it is computerized bill they might have included all the details. I got to know this when I was making my expense statement and called to clear the incidence but I surprised when person told me that I have given Rs.1000 less at the time of final billing, I was shocked. The person was clearly lying. Since I remember I gave him the bill as per computerized bill without deducting any advace.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled on business
3  Thank Hemant G
Reviewed May 6, 2010

Tariff is reasonable. I was quite satisfied. Great location and good rooms were positives, but services need to improve. If some one is looking for a cheap hotel so I would definitely like to recommend this hotel to them. Good services at the most affordable prices.The hotel is neat and clean with good facilities and amenities.Services are nice, room quality was comfortable but food quality needs to improve. Located in the heart of city, there was no issue with accessibility.

• Stayed: September 2008, traveled on business
1  Thank diveydhamija
Reviewed December 8, 2009

Nice and budget hotel in chandigarh

Stayed: October 2009, traveled on business