“Worth it if you get a discount”

Hotel City Heart Premium
Ranked #35 of 99 Hotels in Chandigarh
Pune, India
“Worth it if you get a discount”
Reviewed July 17, 2013

Their rack rates are sky high. Seems like they quoted those randomly without any market research. The ground floor rooms are useless. loud music till late night from the discotheque. Although having the discotheque is a great incentive.

Room Tip: Stay away from the ground floor
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
CityHeartPremium, Owner at Hotel City Heart Premium, responded to this review, July 19, 2013
Dear Sir
We value your review, but I want to inform you that after you stayed at our hotel we have fully renovated rooms(please see the new photographs) and the tariff of the rooms has not been increased after the renovation. This tariff has been fixed after full study of the market and according to the amenities we provide. We are giving the value for money to our customers, and only because of that our occupancy is more than 90%. Majority of guests are repeat guests. Now there is hardly any noise comes out of the club, because the new acoustic treatment has been done for soundproofing. When you stay again in our, you yourself shall feel the difference.
Thanks
Baldev Narang

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (48)
Chennai, Tamil Nadu, India
Reviewed April 28, 2013

Stayed in this hotel for a night for five hours with my family. That's right, for five hours. Came up from Shimla to take the flight back to Chennai the next day morning at 8.
First of all they normally have a limit of 3 adults per room including an extra bed. But considering that we r gonna be there for only a couple of hrs and the fact that we are family of four they let us have a double bed room with an extra bed. The room is one of the biggest ones I've seen in a medium sized hotels like these ones. The double bed was huge enough for my parents and my younger bro and I was happy with my extra bed which was way more than enough. The ac was a bit old but did its job beautifully. Got the room with access to the terrace which was an added beauty. The bathroom was really clean. And the lighting and the way the tv can be turned around to see if from the front and the back was actually awesome.

On the downside the food price was way too pricey. Ended up getting some light refreshments from Hot Millions that was just a shop away. Plus didn't have enough time to mingle with the staffs to know more about their service but they looked neat and helped us with our luggage when I had to wake them up at 6 in the morning.

Overall I was really satisfied and happy with it.

Room Tip: Ask for the room with the access to the terrace. It wasn't neat and spacious but was more than w...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank MisterMadras
CityHeartPremium, Owner at Hotel City Heart Premium, responded to this review, October 22, 2013
Dear Mr Gopi
Thanks for staying at Hotel City Heart Premium Chandigarh, during your visit at Chandigarh and giving us a chance to serve you. We hope to serve you again with much more enthusiasm and better quality during your next visit.
thanks
Baldev Narang
Shimla
Reviewed March 2, 2013

I stayed here for a night only . Location is really central , rooms are good and economical staff is good as well. Breakfast was also good . They provide wifi complementary that can be handy for business traveller

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family

Dear Dinesh
Thanks for your stay at Hotel City Heart Premium Chandigarh. We are happy that you enjoyed your stay and gave us chance to serve you. After your last visit we have renovated the all the guest rooms and hope that during next visit at Chandigarh your stay shall be more enjoyable and comfortable.
Baldev narang
Ahmedabad, India
Reviewed January 24, 2013

Hotel location is really good just in the famous Sector 17 market where you can go for shopping and lot of places to eat out..but the rooms and service are just average as well as the service ..you can get better option in same amount of money in Chandigarh.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business

Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
Reviewed January 22, 2013

I stayed at the hotel for one day. The location is very good. All the places of tourist interest are close by.The station is also close.The food is ok. The staff is well informed about the tourist places but do not help in travel arrangements. There were many guys who were standing drunk at the entrance of the hotel making it uneasy for ladies to enter the hotel. A fight also broke out between them. The noise from the pub and the washing of the utensils in the kitchen till late at night is irritating.

Room Tip: Choose a room away from discotheque and kitchen
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Mauritius
Reviewed December 19, 2012

This hotel was booked for me and my wife by my travel agent. I checked in there after 8 hour car travel from manali. My room had no towels, so I called room service for a towel. After 30 minutes, no response. I went to reception to tell them about the problem and was told that they are sending it now. Went to my room and guess what, after 30 minutes no damn towel came. Phoned room service and kindly asked for towels, and after a while a guy came with only one towel!!!! Trying to keep calm, I asked the guy to bring one more and he never came back.

Went for dinner in the first floor restaurant at about 19:30, my wife asked waiter for the menu details, and the guy stared at her as if she just asked the most stupid question!!! My patience reached its limit when we saw a big rat in restaurant which even walked on my wife's feet. I started yelling at the waiters that there is a rat inside, and these guys did not seem to understand english. They sent the food to my room.

As per my room package I already booked for breakfast. I made a kind request for them to bring breakfast to my room because restaurant very unhygienic. To my surprise the day I checked out I was billed for the breakfast and there was service charge on the dinner. I called my agent and told them to never ever send their clients there.

I wonder how come these people work with tourists??? Never go there. Never eat in that disgusting restaurant infested with rats. Try taj hotels.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank KevinMauritius

Travelers are raving about these Chandigarh hotels

Ludhiana
Reviewed December 17, 2012

hotel, room service, rooms, hotel environment all was pretty good but I found a that room are little bit disturbed by noise, ma neighbor tv voice and even their bathroom taps sounds are easily audible to us, it makes us a bit uncomfortable.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple