“Good” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #7 of 98 Hotels in Chandigarh
Ahmedabad, India
“Good”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 12, 2014

Good for family and/or business visits..Good property at reasonably strategic location..had glimpses of The Taj..might be leading to many other contemporary hotels in the city..number of aspects shows it class, opportunities are there to rise beyond..

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
GMTaj, General Manager at Taj Chandigarh, responded to this review, April 26, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for reviewing your stay at the Taj Chandigarh and especially for the generous sentiments that you have expressed.

We very much appreciate your positive feedback with regards to your stay experience with us. It pleases me enormously to know that the Taj hospitality and services were much appreciated by you.

I trust that the Taj Chandigarh charm will attract you soon and it will be our pleasure to delight you yet again.

Surinder Singh

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (163)
Mumbai (Bombay), India
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 12, 2014

Considering the hotel came with the Taj brand, I expected a fabulous service but instead, left disappointed. Inspite of booking the rooms prior, our rooms were not ready. I had clients who had travelled with me and it just put me in a spot since we had to wait for at least 15-20 minutes. My event was supposed to start in one hour and my clients did not get enough rest. The bell boys were helpful but would constantly disappear when you would need them around. The food service was extremely slow though we did tell them to rush since we had a flight to catch

Despite prior communication and confirmation on emails, the check out was delayed unnecessarily. The booking desk hadn't communicated to the reception on the "Bill to Company" policy. We almost risked missing our flight

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

Thank you for giving us your valuable feedback. As we endeavour to always deliver top quality products and services to our valued guests, we really appreciate receiving honest and constructive feedback.

Please allow me to apologize for the inconvenience caused to you with regards to your recent stay experience with us. I have made a strong note of the issues that you had faced. Please be assured that the matter has been taken up with the concerned departmental heads for immediate rectification.

We truly value our guests and invite you to continue sharing your valuable feedback about the hotel and our services for our improvement. Please feel free to contact me directly on tcgm.chandigarh@tajhotels.com, my team and I look forward to continuing being of service to you as a valued guest.

I would request you to treat this as a one off aberration and not a true reflection of the services of our hotel. My team and I sincerely hope that you will grant us another opportunity in the future to extend our true and warm hospitality to you.

Thank you very much for staying with us and for your feedback.

Wellington NZ
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 7, 2014

Although called Taj was nowhere near the standard of the Taj in New Delhi.
Reception is very impressive with a glass elevator but...rooms are small and bathrobes would be suitable for a small child.
Despite booking a double room we were given a twin with quite small beds.
Breakfast was OK but getting coffee / tea served could be difficult.
Food in restaurant was good although expensive

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
GMTaj, General Manager at Taj Chandigarh, responded to this review, April 10, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for posting your feedback at the Tripadvisor.com. It was a pleasure to have you stay with us.

Whilst we are glad that you found the taste and quality of food at the Café 17, the reception design and décor was much appreciated by you, it is disheartening to know that the overall experience was not.

I have made a note of your feedback with regards to the design of the rooms and the bathrooms. Please be assured that your feedback has been taken up with the concerned for immediate rectification.

Your patronage to Taj Chandigarh is truly valuable and we will look forward to welcoming you back at Taj Chandigarh and promise you a seamless experience.

Melbourne
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 7, 2014

After being greeted by the ever smiling doormen, the check-in experience was average - not bad, but just not the traditional Taj warmth.

Rooms were well furnished, and clean.
Large TV, but no HDMI or USB input.
Internet carried the standard inflated Taj price tag (Rs600+taxes), but was pitifully slow.

No Sauna, but a good steam room. Gym well equipped, but not state-of-the-art.
The pool was very good, perfect to get out of the heat of the day.

Buffet breakfast was included and had the standard fare.

Room Tip: Make sure that you keep your curtains closed, as when they are open, birds fly straight into the gla...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank aditools
Dear Guest,

Whilst we are glad that the rooms, the health club facilities and the swimming pool have been much appreciated by you, we are very sorry to learn that the internet was slow and the check in experience did not meet your expectations. Please be assured that the relevant departments have been addressed of your feedback and we shall take care in the future.

London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 3, 2014 via mobile

I stayed a night whilst attending a wedding in the city. First impression was outstanding as expected but then I started to notice the weaknesses. Rooms were very clean but my bed sheets stained and i was to tired to complain as it was very late and I had a early morning start. We had cocktails in the bar and my friend was told they can't serve coffee in the bar so he had to walk round to the cafe and bring his own coffee - bizarre attitude! Staff is courteous but need to apply a little common sense to requests and situations. Rules are rules but managing reality is the key to success and happy guests. May try another or give it another chance. You won't be disappointed as the room rates were keen but the service could be a better.

Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
Dear Guest,

First and foremost, I would like to thank you for reviewing your stay at the Taj Chandigarh and for posting your feedback at the Tripadvisor.com. It is nice to have constructive quality feedback coming from our valued customers.

I have made a strong note of the issues mentioned by you with regards to the stained bedroom linen and the courtesy and competency of the associates at the Bar. Please be assured that the matter has been taken up with the concerned for immediate corrective actions.

I assure you that the service standards that you have come across are not the norm and our endeavor is to ensure all guests experience flawless service.

We look forward to welcome you back and promise you a seamless experience.

Bengaluru, India
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 3, 2014

Most courteous staff with always smiling face. Room was clean and spacious with wall mounted LCD tv , comfortable bed, mini bar, a.c..Everything was just perfect , with Good food... Easily accessible , near to the market area...Over all a nice place to stay..

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Guest,

We very much appreciate your overall positive feedback with regards to your stay experience with us. It pleases me enormously to know that the Taj hospitality and services were much appreciated by you.

I am glad that we were able to live up to your expectations and that you found your experience with Taj Chandigarh to be perfect.

Gurugram (Gurgaon), India
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 2, 2014

The only one thing about this property that lives up to high standards of Taj were its courteous doormen, that's all! Rooms were unhygienic to the degree and crying for cleanliness. I found used slippers, cigarettes, and insoles of slippers from underneath the bedside table. The rightful claimants, you may collect from THE TAJ CHANDIGARH. There was hair to be found in bath tubs and I am not sure if the managers got it when I asked housekeeping service for a cleanup.

The food was stale. While I appreciated the gesture of in-room desserts but alas, they were stale from lunch the day before. Perhaps they did not realize that people do eat and are not idiots.

If you are willing to spend money for good service, and think it is a Taj… you will think again! This certainly is not the place.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank G_Chopra901
Dear Guest,

I have made a strong note of your feedback on the issues with regards to the cleanliness of the room, the taste and quality of food and the courtesy and competency of the staff. Please be assured that the matter has been taken up with the concerned department heads for immediate rectification and we assure you will not reoccur.

I have also made a note of your positive feedback with regards to the ‘doormen’ whose pleasure it was to be of your service. I have also personally conveyed your feedback to the concerned.

I assure you that the service standards that you have come across are not the norm and our endeavor always is to ensure complete guest satisfaction.

Once again, let me assure you that we are committed to providing the quality Taj hospitality experience to you and all our guests. My team and I sincerely hope that you will grant us another opportunity in the future to extend our true and warm hospitality to you.