One of the standard lines used by most hotel managers when things go bad is "give us another opportunity.." So here it is I have stayed in this hotel thrice in the past 2 months and this is a brief summation of my experiences.
1. Rooms are horribly dated and in desperate need of a refresh. Complete with stains on the headboard.
2. The flush did not work.
3. The shower head came apart and hit me on the head.
4. The lights went out at 3AM and we were left calling the reception for help.
5. The Airconditioner tray started to overflow causing us to slip on the water on the floor.
6. The phones (barring the one in the washroom) would not work
7. Room service tends to ignore or miss out orders till the second or third call from you.
8. Staff knocks and rings the bell inspite of the the DO NOT DISTURB sign on
9. Room service calls in the middle of your meal to collect the trays. Even when you say you need 15 mins more, they send someone anyway! In sheer disgust I asked them to collect the tray and leave.
10. Front desk is always understaffed and usually one has to wait 15-20 mins for check in or out.
11. Also attended a wedding here and the girls side of the family was embarrassed by the fact that 2 dishes being served had completely gone off.
12. Food quality is hot and miss at best.
13. TVs have remotes which are after market fitments
14. No modern conveniences as are expected of this level of hotels
15. Linen is worn out and old
The first night that we stayed, the staff acknowledged the errors and tried to make up for it. The other two times they behaved almost as if this was expected and just carried on as usual.
Not going there ever again and my suggestion is that until such time their staff goes through another round of training the TAJ group decides to invest money in the property one should steer clear!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Chandigarh, the capital of the states of the Punjab and Haryana set at the foothills of the majestic Himalayas, was planned by the French architect Le Corbusier after India’s independence. The young-at-heart, fast-growing and progressive city is striking for its urban planning, impressive buildings with brise-soleil facades, well-organized sectors and broad tree-lined avenuesTaj Chandigarh celebrates the dynamic spirit of Chandigarh in its sophisticated architecture and interiors. The newly built hotel, located in Sector 17, the city’s prime business and shopping area, is a comfortable 30-minutes drive from the airport and a 15-minutes drive from the railway station. Taj Chandigarh is the city’s finest hotel and is well suited to both business and leisure travellers to Chandigarh ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Indian Hotels Company Limited, Travelocity, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Orbitz, Hotwire, HotelQuickly, TripOnline SA and getaroom.com so you can book your Taj Chandigarh reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Taj Chandigarh Hotel Chandigarh
- Taj Hotel Chandigarh
- Chandigarh Taj Hotel