“Hospitality at its best!!!!!”

The Lalit Chandigarh
Ranked #3 of 99 Hotels in Chandigarh
New Delhi, India
“Hospitality at its best!!!!!”
Reviewed July 9, 2014

I recently visited Lalit, Chandigarh and stayed for three days.It is a beautiful property with very warm staff to welcome you and provide state of the art service. the rooms have a beaulifull view towards the forest and the hill. THE QUALITY OF FOOD IS EXCELLENT AND THE BUFFET IS VERY ELABORATE.All in all it is a mesmerizing experience with delicious food, great ambiance.

Room Tip: Good sizes room with view of the entire hill and green forest
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
TLTVK, General Manager at The Lalit Chandigarh, responded to this review, July 10, 2014

Namaskar!

We are very pleased to recieve your feedback and would like to thank you with regards to it. We at The Lalit are very proud to know that our product and services are much appreciated by our heartiest Guests. We assure you that we would continue to deliver for our guests as per the standards those we have managed to set.

Looking forward to see you in near future as well, once again thank you very much for your valueable feedback.

General Manager.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (104)
Reviewed July 5, 2014

Perhaps it was because I was a woman dining alone; perhaps it was because only a handful of tables in the cavernous restaurant were occupied, but my dining experience at The Lalit Chandigarh was marred by overly attentive staff. I had opted for the buffet dinner, and even so had a conga line of waiting staff constantly appearing at my table, to ask if everything was ok, did I want anything more, did I want another drink, etc. Sometimes, it was almost comical. But it got really quite annoying. After a long day of travel and a long meeting, I just wanted to eat dinner and read my book in peace. Please, waiters everywhere, recognise the signs of someone who wants to be left alone.
Regardless, I enjoyed my stay, albeit brief, at The Lalit. It's a new hotel, just six months old, and occupies a sprawling space about a 15 minute drive from the centre of town. My room was the lowest category but was still enormous, and with beautiful views of the surrounding hills. While the decor is mostly anony-hotel, there was at least a tacit nod to Chandigarh's design heritage in the form of a (knockoff?) Eames recliner in the corner, and a framed drawing of a Le Corbusier chair.
The spa is great, and probably one of the best looking hotel spas I've been to in India. They use Forest Essentials, which is a beautiful range of products.
The only minor downsides: I would have loved a swim, but the pool closes at seven pm which seems really early, so I missed out. Additionally, there was some confusion about where the pool actually was: the concierge told me the access was via the spa on the 1st floor, but after I traipsed up there, they told me the pool was on the ground floor. (by this stage it was past 6.30pm so there was no point in pursuing the idea.) Also, I asked the concierge for details on Le Corbusier buildings I could visit, and they didn't seem to understand my query, instead taking me through an iPad presentation of Chandigarh's tourism highlights (I ended up discovering the Le Corbusier Centre myself, and there found out about a government tour of buildings that can be booked at the tourism office).

But overall, a lovely stay, a great hotel and i would absolutely recommend it. Just don't dine alone.

Room Tip: Specify rooms with a mountain view for floor to ceiling windows framing lush green views.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
TLTVK, General Manager at The Lalit Chandigarh, responded to this review, July 7, 2014

Namaskar!

I hereby representing the entire team of The Lalit Chandigarh would like to thank you for your much appreciated feedback towards our hotel.

Although i have also gone through the points of concerns shared, majorly with regards to the resturant dining experience and assure you that we will look into it and train the staff accordingly. The concerns mentioned have actually opened up few points that we should look into in order to improve as a whole(Product & services) to make it even more better for our guests.

Overall we are very glad to know that you have liked our hotel as a product and would visit us in future as well whenever travelling towards this part of the city. We also thank you for considering our hotel to be recommended to others as well.

Looking forward to welcoming you again to our hotel for all your future visit and assuring you that your constructive feedback will definately be taken as a measure to improve, and the change will reflect on your next visit.

Thank you very much.

Aashish Gawari.
FATEHABAD,HARYANA
Reviewed July 4, 2014

I went to this hotel with my family for dinner.We opted for buufet which they cost Rs. 1250/- per member and 650 for kid.The food was very tasty.They served six veg and non veg snacks.Chicken Tikka served here is so tastyand the fish also.and there is a lot of choice in dinner,desserts and lots more .A delicious and full of variety buffet.Staff is very cooperative and ambiance is good.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
TLTVK, General Manager at The Lalit Chandigarh, responded to this review, July 5, 2014

Namaskar!

We all at The Lalit, thank you very much for your possitive feedback towards our restuarant and food. We are delighted to know that our food and service was as per your likings and we were able to meet your expectation level at all ends.

Appart from our food & service our hotel rooms and other product options are also one of its own kind and unique. This will also be more than value for money and i would hereby request you to please expirence our hotel as a whole in future as well and give us another oppurtunity to be at your service once again.

Looking forward to seing you back in future and once again on behalf of our entire team i take this oppurtunity to thank you for your faluable comments.

Chandigarh, India
Reviewed June 30, 2014

Recently we got the chance to dine in The Lalit Chandigarh. The location is Hotel is just great. it is newly built property. Ambiance in the hotel was awesome. Delicious food with live music it was great experience..

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank Pawan1612
TLTVK, General Manager at The Lalit Chandigarh, responded to this review, July 1, 2014

Namaskar!

I along with the entire team of The Lalit Chandigarh take this oppurtunity to thank you very much for your feedback. We are delighted to know that our Food, Services and ambiance has been appreciated and given you value for money.

Looking forward to see you again in near future.

Ashish Gawari
Panchkula, India
Reviewed June 30, 2014

The Lalit Chandigarh is a nice property

Very well located in the IT Park area. Chandigarh being a small city, thus distances are not much here.

Nice restaurant and lovely service.

The Buffet is excellent and well priced.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends

Namaskar!

We thank you very much for your much appreciated feedback for our hotel. We are delighted to know that we have met your expectations and have come to your liking.

We once again thank you for visiting our hotel.

Leicester
Reviewed June 19, 2014

After staying at 3 of the five star hotels in Chandigarh , this is by far the best. Fantastic service, very clean and spacious rooms, good food, and excellent facilities. The hotel is new so relatively unknown still in the city but based on my stay I can see it becoming a very popular place to stay for both business and leisure trips.

• Stayed June 2014
TLTVK, General Manager at The Lalit Chandigarh, responded to this review, June 20, 2014

Namaskar!

At the outset allow me to thank you for your patronage towards The LaLiT, Chandigarh. Your feedback is very valuable to us as 'moments of truth' never cease in our business.

We look forward to your benevolence again in the near future where with our utmost offering we will make every best possible way to ensure that the standards set are always met.

thank you very much for staying with us.

Reviewed June 18, 2014

Basic Characteristics of The Lalit:
- Courteous Staff
- Calm & Beautiful Property
- Delicious Food
- Quick Service
- Elaborated Breakfast
- Big Banquet (As I stayed there for an Event)
- Awesome Experience.

The Lalit continuing the same in Chandigarh too... Came out with an awesome experience and heart to go back again soon.

Room Tip: Both Side Room Views Are Good.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank SANJEEVOHRI

Namaskar!

We are highly obliged to see such a wonderful appreciation written for our hotel. We sincerely thank you with regards to the same and assure you that in th coming time there will be add ons to what you have just exprienced and we will continue to put in our level best in order to achieve 100% guest satisfaction.

once again thank you for staying with us.