“Great Chinese cuisine”

Yo! China
Ranked #69 of 1,506 Restaurants in Chandigarh
Cuisines: Chinese, Asian
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff
Gurugram (Gurgaon), India
“Great Chinese cuisine”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 15, 2013

The menu is vast and you can choose from a range of chinese cuisine.The food comes at a pocket friendly cost, which is a definite plus.The service and hospitality are prompt and appreciable.

Visited September 2013

Chandigarh, Chandigarh, India
“Decent non-veg, boring veg, okayish place to sit”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 17, 2013

We've seen Yo China transitions so many times. It has ranged from wow! chic to eww! pathetic. But recently they've renovated it and it looks decent. I used to like their basement but it seems to be closed at the moment (April 2013).
What do I say about veg food; there aren't many places that serve tasty veg food although there are many that serve good non-veg. So is Yo China! We ordered some yo china specialty in the veg main course and I felt sad that my wife's a strict vegetarian.
The chicken and the fish, on the other hand, were quite good. The noodles and fried rice weren't bad (but then you'd have to have really bad chefs to mess those up).
Starters: wings of heaven- the dish wasn't bad, though a tad bit dry. Vegetable salt and pepper was fine and so were the veg dimsums.

Now a pint of beer for Rs 100 + didn't go down well with me. Honestly I find drinking outside really not worth it at any place. First the overcharge you, then they tax you on it.

Beware of taxes, esp after the new budget 2013.
Here's a breakdown of the new taxes:
1. Tax on the food
2. Service charge
3. Vat on individual food item
4. Service tax on service charge.

We recently went to Chilis in Elante Mall Chandigarh. We ordered 3 burgers, one pathetic pasta and two cold drinks....guess the bill...Rs. 1900/- of which, Rs 664/- was just the total TAX!! Hadn't checked the Yo China bill but I reckon it would've been on the same lines...dinner of three cost us Rs. 2100/- which is ok (a bit towards the upper side as far as I'm concerned). For a bit more, I'd just go to bar-b-cue nation...or for much lesser, to buffet hut and get to try many more dishes. For non-veg chinese I'd just head off to Shangrila-35.

• Visited April 2013