James Hotels Limited
$40
$34
Agoda.com
Very Good 4/5
All reviewspark plazarose gardensector marketvalue for moneyduty managerexcellent locationchinese restaurantswimming poolsec marketwalking distancebusiness travelcoffee shopnice hotelthe heart of the cityquality of foodbreakfast spreadstar hotel
FilterAll languages
Reviewed December 4, 2013

Owing to a Corporate tie up, I frequent this hotel on many occasions, and each time I am amazed with the sloppy housekeeping it offers. This place is strategically located, (right near the Taj) the rooms have a decent size and layout, the front office staff is courteous and responsive....in short it pretty much has all the essential ingredients to be a good hotel, but EACH time I have stayed, there have been issues. The issues are nothing other than minor irritants, and the staff is quick to respond and rectify them, but when they recur with the alarming frequency they do in my case, it reflects sheer negligence and inefficiency.
The last time I visited I was travelling with a rather large entourage. On my previous trip I had discussed all the little issues we've been having, and had requested the front office to look into all these aspects and ensure we didn't have any trouble when the group visited. This was followed up by a detailed mail which enlisted all the points
1. The drains in the shower stalls must not be blocked 2. The water in the showers must be hot (sometimes it is not hot enough, and sometimes the hot water suddenly gets really hot or really cold while running) 3. All double rooms should have TWO large towels 4. The toiletries must be checked (on one previous occasion there was no soap and last time the lotion bottle was open and half used) 5. The televisions in all rooms must be working 6. There must be 'English Breakfast Tea' sachets in all the rooms.
This was then followed up by my staff in Delhi, and finally the night before we were scheduled to arrive,a Senior member of our Company was at Chandigarh and personally spoke to the senior staff at the hotel to tell them to take extra care.
We arrived to discover the Ac's weren't working in 2 of the rooms, there was no English Breakfast Tea sachets in any of the rooms, the body lotion was half used in one of the rooms and 3 of the rooms did not have any soap bars. When I called housekeeping a lady called Pushplata told me as per revised hotel policy, now no soaps would be provided and we should make do with the shower gel......by this stage I was ready to move our entire group out.
Breakfast the following morning was a redeeming factor. The layout was simple, yet sufficient and the service was excellent. A special mention of Jagoo and Rohit at the coffee shop who took such great care of all of us.
I do hope this hotel gets it act together because it would be a real pity for all the potential to go waste on account of such simply rectifiable problems, that the hotel just does not seem to pay heed to.

1  Thank AnjaliKhosla
Gaurav T, General Manager at James Hotels Limited, responded to this reviewResponded December 6, 2013

Dear Ms. Khosla,

Namaste!

I would like to thank you for time spent in sharing such constructive feedback in detail. I have personally investigated the matter at my end and understand the inconvenience faced during your stay. I am glad that restaurant team took good care of you and your guests. I assure you that necessary action has been taken up internally based on your valid inputs. I hope that this isolate incident should not change your impression about Park Plaza Chandigarh. Looking forward to welcome you back in person.

Reviewed December 1, 2013

I have gone for a wedding with my wife and daughter. After we got very tired, we started for looking of options to book some hotel as it was difficult for our 8 month old baby to be there for full night. I looked for options of hotels in Chandigarh and found this hotel with a god ranking.

We checked-in in this hotel at 1 A.M. And it was quite smooth. I asked for a late check-out and their manager (Param) agreed with no hesitation. Thanks for that. Room was very good. The size was good with big bathroom. Everything in room like lights, your status etc. is remote operated. So, you don't have to get out of bed to do anything extra. The shower was too good.

Location of hotel is in heart of sector 17 market. That's great !!!

Breakfast buffet is quite good although not that lavish. I would like to give this hotel 4.5 stars.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
Gaurav T, General Manager at James Hotels Limited, responded to this reviewResponded December 3, 2013

Namaste!

I would like to thank you for your valuable time spent in sharing your experience at Park Plaza Chandigarh. I am glad that my team took good care of you and your family. I shall definitely share such motivating feedback with Param. It would indeed be an honour to welcome you back in person at Park Plaza Chandigarh.

Reviewed November 26, 2013

I stayed at this hotel on 23 to 25 Nov with family, it was purely family trip, stay was based on the reviews available on net, unexpectedly things did not turn up the way i expected from word check in...till checking out, however its pertinent to mention that the moment i conveyed my feelings to management, they were quick enough to recognize it and assuring that it should be taken as exception and all care would be taken in this regard. Hence, no listing out of the problems faced.. i appreciate and assume that things would improve and give all reasons to stay again...appreciate Mr Gaurav Taneja.

1  Thank janyjaipur
Gaurav T, General Manager at James Hotels Limited, responded to this reviewResponded November 27, 2013

Dear Mr. Jain,

Namaste!

I would like to thank your for your time in sharing your experience at Park Plaza Chandigarh. It was indeed a pleasure talking to you. Once again i remain at your disposal for all your future requirements at Park Plaza Chandigarh.Looking forward to welcome you back in person.

Reviewed November 25, 2013

ON 14th Nov I with my family went to enjoy dinner in CINNAMON in Park Plaza.
Welcome drink was very good in taste. The Snacks was very good in quality and taste. The food was delicious and There is all variety of vegetable except Mushroom. The Dal was exceptionally very good in taste. In sweet dishes good quality of fruit with good stuff of Bakery. I want to add one thing In Non Vegetarian all type of food is available like chicken, mutton, fish etc. But in vegetarian Mushroom is not available. The place of Cinnamon is use as way so we feel disturbed. Overall experience is very good. Please serve Ice cream in Sweet dishes. Without ice cream sweet dish is incomplete.

Namaste!

I would like to thank you for your time spent in sharing your experience at Cinnamon. I am glad that my team took good care of you and your guests. I have noted your valid inputs and should definitely factor the same in our cyclic menus. We have also separated the banquet entrance to avoid any inconvenience to diners. We also have a choice of Chinese - The Oriental Blossom and Indian - Indi Spice available as dining options for our guests. Looking forward to welcome you back at Park Plaza Chandigarh.

Reviewed November 11, 2013

I found this hotel on the internet and made a booking for my husband and son when they visited the city in Feb, 2013. Based on their happy experience, I booked an 11 day stay in October this year. This time the most urgent need was for a handicap access room (for myself). The hotel provided one with some facilities and went the extra mile to instal whatever features were needed. The GM Mr. Gaurav Taneja and his entire team was very solicitous and courteous. People like Akbar Abbas, Gourav Dawra, Vishal Verma, Divakar, Karnail Singh, Jaggoo, Rohit and their peers are assets to the establishment.
Hopefully the hotel will have more handicap access rooms on higher floors with a good view of the Rose Garden.

Room Tip: Avoid rooms overlooking the swimming pool as there may be noise problem.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
Gaurav T, General Manager at James Hotels Limited, responded to this reviewResponded November 12, 2013

Namaste!

I would like tothank you for your valuable time spent in sharing your experience at Park Plaza Chandigarh. Me and my team would look forward to welcome you back on the sixth floor with a spectacular view.