“Very nice hotel for stay”
Review of James Hotel

James Hotel
Ranked #10 of 100 Hotels in Chandigarh
New Delhi, India
“Very nice hotel for stay”
Reviewed August 25, 2013

My stay was very good,staff is very nice,hospitable,polite & prompt,The location is very central.The food is very tasty & good.,the morning breakfast which is complimentary is superb. the hotel service is really professional. The staff are welcoming and presentable, the rooms are well placed with all the facilities

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Akbar_Abbas, Front Office Manager at James Hotel, responded to this review, August 27, 2013
Dear Mr.Chanchal,

It is a pleasure to read that you were impressed by our hospitality. We're glad that you enjoyed our services and staff took good care during your stay, making it a memorable stay for you. Your review serves as a great motivator to the team here at the hotel and we look forward to welcome you back soon at Park Plaza Chandigarh.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (178)
jaipur
Reviewed August 19, 2013

Very good hotel to say,the staff is very nice,hospitable,polite & prompt always.The rooms are very comfotable & nice,pl stay in Park Plaza while in Chandigarh.The location is very central.The food is very tasty & good,the restaurants inside the hotel are good,the morning breakfast which is complimentary is superb.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Dear Mr.Mathur,

Thank you so much for your very kind feedback. We are truly grateful for the wonderful things you have said about our hotel, team and services.

We are extremely delighted to have you as an ' ambassador ' for Park Plaza Chandigarh and look forward to welcoming you back again in the near future.
Ludhiana, India
Reviewed August 19, 2013

I was there at park plaza from 16th to 18th aug.It was a nice outing.The staff was good and very hospitable.The food was good infact they don't have a elaborate menu for room service especially nothing much in Indian but the staff arranged for us whatever we asked for.The breakfast buffet spread was nice.The rooms had a nice view but some rooms like in which we were staying had a small wall outside which obstructs the view.There Chinese food in Oriental Blossom was nice but the restaurant had mosquitos which is not expected from a star hotel.But otherwise was a nice stay.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Akbar_Abbas, General Manager at James Hotel, responded to this review, August 19, 2013
Dear Mr.Chetan,

Namaste !

Thank you for taking time out for reviewing us. We have noted your preference of room without the small wall which obstructs the view while sitting. Your constructive feedback regarding the mosquitoes has been strongly considered by us for improvement. We wish to welcome you soon once again at Park Plaza Chandigarh.

Pune
Reviewed August 16, 2013

Dear Mr Gaurav Taneja,

I have stayed at the Park Plaza Chandigarh on four occasions (total of 12 nights) from April 2013 till date. My wife and I had a truly memorable vacation while staying at your magnificent property wef 11 Aug 2013 to 15 Aug 2013.

We wish to compliment your gung ho team and you for a super delivery of services. We had all the reasons to be extremely happy and rekindled!

Thank you!

Karan Dixit

Head HR & Vice President (Corporate)

ISMT Ltd

Room Tip: Just walk in any time!
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Karandixit
Dear Mr.Dixit,

I would like to thank you for your time spent in sharing valuable inputs about Park Plaza Chandigarh. I shall definitely update the team about the motivating feedback. Looking forward to welcome you once again in person at Park Plaza Chandigarh.

Sandefjord, Norway
Reviewed August 10, 2013

It has been over 6 months since I stayed at Park Plaza and I was wondering whether there could have been some slide given that it was getting popular etc. Pleasently surprised that they have maintained a good level of service and taking care of their guests needs and requests. Shower, Room and food were good. One should try the Indispice sit down buffet. Worth it! Was there twice. Had special requests for a dish not on the menu - was organized. I always measure a hotel by how they listen to their guests requests and needs along with the other physical factors. I should say that they that Park Plaza continues to be my preferred choice.

Room Tip: I prefer rooms that are not on the front side of the hotel.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Kurtdigital
Akbar_Abbas, Manager at James Hotel, responded to this review, August 12, 2013
Thank you for appreciating our services at Park Plaza Chandigarh. It's our constant endeavor to meet up to our guest's expectations and we're glad that we've again been able to do so. Indi Spice team is happy that you liked the food and their services. We truly look forward to welcome you back soon at Park Plaza Chandigarh.
New Delhi, India
Reviewed August 5, 2013

It starts when you check in (that is if you manage to get the staffs attention). Must give credit to Carlson to handpick the rudest and most crude characters to man their front desk. It almost feels as if you should be thanking them for allowing you to check in. Rooms are sub par at best with cables hanging out, worn out cheap furniture, mold in the washroom and the likes.

We had a couple of loud neighbors who decided to bring their party out to the corridors at about 2 AM with loud music, punjabi profanities and general nuisance. This was brought to the hotels attention promptly, but we were told that there was nothing that they could do. Inspite of trying to reason with them but instead we were told to move our room as there was little they can do about their other guests. The noise continued and we were reduced to stepping out ourselves and requesting these 'revelers' to turn it down.

This was brought to the managements attention in the morning and the game of responsibility shifting started ending with a to the point apology. Breakfast was horrible, I doubt if their staff can even spell hospitality let alone embody what hospitality means. All in all a complete no-go if I were you.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
4 Thank honesttim
Akbar_Abbas, Manager at James Hotel, responded to this review, August 6, 2013
Dear Sir,
I would like to thank you for the constructive feedback regarding your experience at Park Plaza Chandigarh. Please note that each and every input has been taken up on a serious note by the management. We assure you that all the processes related to guest rooms have been reviewed and necessary changes have been implemented. The interaction with our staff member with regards to your comments about the noise is certainly not typical and I will be sure to raise your experience with our entire service team as a training exercise. I assure you that post your stay with us in the month of March, we have showcased measurable changes. Once again please do accept my sincere apologies. Looking forward to welcome you back at Park Plaza Chandigarh.

Regards,

Mumbai (Bombay), India
Reviewed August 4, 2013

Dear Mr. Gaurav Taneja and entire family at the Park Plaza Chandigarh,

Let me thanks u all for making my trip to city beautiful a memorable and super excellent in regards to stay and food.
Would personally thank Rehmat who made very beautiful package which indeed made me change my mind and stay in your hotel as virtually i had finalized a similar property for my stay.

Thanks Rehmat once again.

The rooms the decor the facilities are very grt and excellent and above all the Staff in overall is superb as thats the main strength of the hotel.(KEEP UP THIS TEAMWORK BUDDYS)

I happen to stay there on 28th and 29th july but u at Park Plaza really made me feel a part of your family with the warmth and true hospitality during my entire stay.

Hotel being centrally located in the city is the Biggest Plus Point.

Food is very awesome and the Buffet spread is quiet impressive.

Just one request to give better deal for spa for in house guest and pick and drop facility to and fro airport be provided from ur end.

Overall a grt experience and a beautiful stay at a very awesome property.

Hoping to be a very regular at your hotel from now.

Thanks Again
Davinder Singh (mumbai)

Room Tip: All the rooms are beautifully done and awesome. 2nd floor i stayed is grt.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank BobbySodhi
Akbar_Abbas, Manager at James Hotel, responded to this review, August 5, 2013
Dear Mr. Sodhi,

I would like to personally thank you for your valuable inputs and choosing Park Plaza Chandigarh for your stay. I shall share the same with my team members. Your constructive inputs regarding Spa and Pick up / Drop off facility have been well noted for consideration. I look forward to welcome you back in person at Park Plaza Chandigarh. Regards, Gaurav Taneja.