“No disappointment, but there are better options in Chandigarh”
Review of Hotel Oyster

Hotel Oyster
Ranked #36 of 100 Hotels in Chandigarh
delhi
“No disappointment, but there are better options in Chandigarh”
Reviewed September 29, 2013

We just needed a comfortable room for night as our stay at Chandigarh was only for transit. Oyster was chosen primarily on its closeness to Sec 17 market. We took one luxury suite and it has everything to make you comfortable; a massage chair, bath tub, good quality beds, complimentary mini bar, space..no complaints from room. Buffet breakfast was of average quality and had moderate variety. Staff was courteous but not very professional. For the price, there are better branded options in Chandigarh and Oyster can surely be avoided.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Bangalore, Karnataka, India
Reviewed September 20, 2013

excellent room for 3500 . excellent food and value addition in room is massage chair and steam bath. interior is too good.
I am at 402.

next time when I visit chanfigarh , this is my default booking.....

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank official_tour
LA
Reviewed September 5, 2013

The staff was friendly but:
Room had filthy walls.
Knobs falling off shower door.
No hot water for shower.
Very noisy (dogs barking at night)
Housekeeping called me at 6:15 and again at 9 to clean my room.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business

Travelers are raving about these Chandigarh hotels

Ludhiana, India
Reviewed June 24, 2013

been there to show case my new samples as whole hotel was being used for booking purpose.
Hotel have nothing extra ordinary. all the regular stuff aprt from ocation which is good.
food in restaurant is again ok.
overall avoid is my call.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Kolkata
Reviewed June 10, 2013

Location wise this is in good location. This is the second time I am staying there. First experience was better. this time when we checked in the room the whole bathroom was flooding with water. after repeated follow up this was cleaned. I had to check out in early morning. Had to wake up the receptionist.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
chandigarh
Reviewed May 2, 2013

a very good hotel in the heart of the city chandigarh with a very cool and nice restaurant. rates are also under limit and food is awesome. i will prefer to have food over here. rooms are good and interiors are excellent. every room has its its own look...

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Shellharbour, Australia
Reviewed April 23, 2013

This hotel is a bit hard to find if coming by feet from Sector 17 center.

Hotel looks and feels like any European business class hotel so my first impressions were good.

My room #209 had bad wifi connectivity due to low signal from the router. I asked for a different room and they gave me #203, which had the same wifi issue and as an added bonus non-working AC.

I went outside for a walk and asked to fix the AC meanwhile. When I come back I ask the lady at the reception if the issues with the room have been fixed. She said yes, and I come to the room to witness that the issues are not fixed. I go downstairs and demand to talk with the hotel manager. I was told to wait in my room. Instead of the manager, the maintenance guy shows up in my room and after 15 mins of work he got the AC working.

Now, why was the AC not fixed during my absence as per my request? Why was I not offered a room upgrade or some other compensation for not being able to offer me a room which provides the things I paid for?

Breakfast was included in the room rate, the buffet had only indian dishes and juices and cakes. However omelets and toast was provided on request for no extra charge. Restaurant is a bit on the expensive side, full meal is close to 400 rupees without drinks. Food was great though the one time I ate there.

Overall I am a bit disappointed. This hotel would have so much potential if only the staff would be more customer service oriented and would try to fix issues and not to deny them.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo