“Best Value for Money”

Ranked #5 of 99 Hotels in Chandigarh
India
“Best Value for Money”
Reviewed January 3, 2013

We had booked 4 rooms for our group for 1 night of 25 Dec 2012. All rooms were allotted on the same floor. As our rooms were on the 1st floor, nothing much to write about view surroundings.

As we had stayed in a pathetic hotel for 2 previous nights in McLeodganj / Dharamshala (HP), it was a BIG relief for all of us to step into our rooms. With a lot better bathrooms than those in our previous hotel, a quick shower was most refreshing.

We then headed to their restaurant - CItrus for dinner. Buffet spread was a nice sight with a mix of North Indian, Chinese and continental fare. Food quality too was fairly good. Breakfast next morning too was a regular fare but again, a wide selection from South Indian, North Indian and Western.

As for room interior and sleep quality, both were upto the mark with no complaints whatsoever.

Overall, a nice experience and I will surely look forward to staying at a LemonTree hotel during my next local travel. Keep up the good job, guys!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank Parag J

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (204)
Delhi
Reviewed January 3, 2013

Stayed for 1 night en-route to Manali. Water pressure good in shower. Nice and clean rooms. Would have given 5 stars if not for breakfast. Some dishes looked stale and service was not prompt. Overall a nice location near to airport.

1 Thank samdelhi
Mumbai (Bombay), India
Reviewed January 1, 2013

I had booked into this hotel 3 months in advance. When we checked in on Dec 28, they gave us a suite but no heating facility. When I enquired about a heater because it was freezing cold, they reply a simple "Sorry, all heaters are in use" and we had to spend the night without one. This was inexcusable and a major disappointment. We however got a heater the next day. The food service was very average, nothing to write about. Coffee shop waiters were a bunch of kids who had no knowledge of how to serve customers. There were no carpets in the room nor in the coffee shop. The staff at front desk were highly uncoordinated. I booked an Innova to go to the airport and they gave me an Indica, expecting me to fit 4 suitacases and 4 persons in there. Of course they then arranged a hotel Innova as a favour which they could have in the first place. Overall a bad experience. I will never stay at this hotel again. Room service below average as the person brought snacks but but plates. Looks like the hotel needs some real coaching to get upto a good level.

3 Thank HS_13_13
TheLemonTreeHotels, General Manager at Lemon Tree Hotel, Chandigarh, responded to this review, March 12, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your feedback regarding your visit to Lemon Tree Hotel, Chandigarh. May I apologize for not meeting some of your expectations during your stay.

•Availability of a heater: we are sorry about the inconvenience this caused you. As we were close to sold out on New Year’s Eve, all our heaters were already in use and we were able to provide you with one the next day.
•Training of staff: we are sorry that you did not like the quality of service in our restaurant. We have relooked at our training processes and are working on improving the service.
•Car arrangements: we sincerely apologize for the wrong car being provided to you, as our vendor made a mistake and sent an Indica. We have reworked the booking process with him to ensure this is not repeated.
•No carpets: as a brand Lemon Tree keeps the décor and interiors contemporary and minimalistic and our design concept does not include carpets (except in suites and conference rooms/banquet halls). Also, the absence of a carpet helps us keep the room clean and smelling fresh.

Please give us an opportunity to make amends. Should you accede to my request, please email me at gm.cd@lemontreehotels.com and I will be happy to handle the arrangements personally.

Best regards,

Shubanshu Sharma
Hotel General Manager
Lemon Tree Hotel, Chandigarh
Delhi
Reviewed January 1, 2013

I stayed at Lemon Tree for a night primarily because I needed a stopover before moving to Shimla next day. The big reason I chose the hotel was the location - it was easily approachable from the Ambala expressway. Me and my family had a very average stay at the hotel, and we did not feel anything exceptional about the hotel. The room size was small, the check-in process was very lengthy what with the entrance and the lobby on two different levels, and a staff that needs some more training. Since I was staying with my family, I was given a no-smoking room. However, the first thing that hit us as soon as we entered the room was the smell of cigarette smoke. On pointing this out to the front desk, the reaction we got was quite perturbing. We were told that "sir, your room is a no-smoking room, there cannot possibly be any smell of cigarettes in the room" - okay, so maybe we were imagining all this! We went to the Citrus for dinner. Food was tasty with small portions - the soup took 15 minutes to arrive, and arrived cold! We had to return it for a warmer one. I had a bad sleep though no fault of the hotel. I had a neighbour who turned on the TV full blast at 3 in the morning, and dozed off with the door open. I actually found no one around to help and had to just walk up and close the door myself. The next day, breakfast was a crowded affair with most of the Indian items in breakfast running out quickly and the staff taking their own sweet time to refill. When I checked out, the lobby was crowded with at least 5 families waiting to complete the check-out formalities. Again, I spent close to 45 minutes to complete the payment process, at the end of which I was quite frustrated with the hotel. Frankly I wouldn't bother to return to this hotel unless I was in dire straits.

2 Thank wayfarer-dc
Mumbai (Bombay), India
Reviewed January 1, 2013

I Manish Siroya we had very comfortable stay .The staff is very humble and the service is prompt. As the location is quiet decent to move. The market sector17 is about 10 mins. away. They serve tasty food with 5 star cuisine standard.

Bengaluru, India
Reviewed December 30, 2012

I booked thru makemytrip and got a good rate for this hotel. For a business person, it is a value for money hotel. The hotel is overall good, although there is no centralised heating which I expected in December in Chandigarh. Hotel did not provide any room heater on day 1 inspite of reminders. On day 2 , i got a room heater and thereafter the room was comfortable.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank KrisLakshmi
Gurgaon, Haryana, India
Reviewed December 29, 2012

a hotel with an overall excellent experience! Great for business travel, good food, 24 hours gym, great service & courteous staff... a must must try hotel for all...... has a great feel to the place....

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business