“Pleasant stay”

Ranked #7 of 154 Chandigarh B&B and Inns
Dehradun, India
“Pleasant stay”
Reviewed June 29, 2014

I visited chandigarh to watch an IPL match a couple of months back and was suggested by a friend to stay at this very hotel.And im still thankimg him. An amazing hotel with such beautiful interiors . The staff is very hard working and the manager takes care of everything. The food indeed is mouth watering and all in all , would suggest every other person to stay in this hotel.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank AK2516

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
kulu
Reviewed June 29, 2014 via mobile

I went for my ofgicial trip to city beautiful nd stayed at Hotel Citi Heights in sector 22.It has amazing facilities and cordial staff with quite nice hygienic nd tasty food at reasonable prices.I recommend this to all . Had a wonderful experience.

Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed June 19, 2014

Pros: The room slippers are a nice touch. The showers have decent water pressure and get warm. The mattress is comfortable. The staff (except for the check-in manager) seemed hardworking and willing to help.

Cons: The bed smelled musty with lingering cigarette smoke. The room was dirty: someone else's hairs were on the bed and all over the bathroom floor. The worst was that the walls were paper thin. I could hear every FOOTSTEP outside my door. Plus the AC in my room kept going out (but I could hear other people's still working) and I heard staff and guests talking and knocking on each other's doors throughout the night and early morning. Someone tried to get into the hotel by ringing a loud buzzer from outside incessantly after midnight. It was so loud it sounded like it was in my room.

I had booked a room at this hotel 2 months in advance, for a six night stay. I was disappointed to get a tiny room with a big water stain/gash on the wall, 15 feet from the reception desk and right in the middle of the main reception area. It felt like it was just the last room left at the end of the night, which was frustrating since I had planned the trip so far in advance. As soon as I saw where the room was (I turned around from the reception desk and it was right there) I asked to be moved because I knew it would be too loud to sleep. The man at reception said there were no other rooms, but that I could move tomorrow. It seemed really in bad taste to give someone who had booked a long stay in advance a terrible room, and just expect them to be happy to move the next day. Throughout the night people kept knocking on the door next to mine and it was so loud I thought they were knocking on my door. The staff talked in the reception area and it might as well have been in my room. I asked again to move and the receptionist rather rudely and dismissively told me there was nothing he could do. I wanted to leave right then. After barely getting 3 hours of sleep, I complained again to reception who said they could upgrade me to another room on a higher level. While I appreciated the gesture, I doubted whether another room would be much better, since the doors themselves were so thin and the room had been dirty. If the hotel itself has such glaring problems a different room won't do much good. After one night I left and found another hotel.

Room Tip: Even if you are a heavy sleeper, insist on a higher level room. But since the room was dirty, I woul...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank catbaskets
Ahmedabad, India
Reviewed June 10, 2014

I with my family stayed in this property for 1 days as i had to catch the train next day. I had booked 2 rooms . lt has all the modern amenities. Neat clean rooms with AC and staff was very courteous. We had very good stay and we were fresh on the morning . i was not expecting so good rooms and service in this rate . Atmosphere was also peaceful. We just felt like home. Me and my family were satisfied with the services and enjoyed our stay.

Room Tip: We stay in room No 204 and 205 both were good.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Prabhat57
Hyderabad, India
Reviewed June 3, 2014

I have visited and stayed here during last week of May. The manager, staff and room service is excellent.....all are courteous....room features are good ,,,food quality is tasty with various options. On the whole I recommend this hotel for any typical higher middle class tourist family.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Prasad K
Reviewed June 2, 2014

We stayed there for one night. Service was good. We didn't eat there so no comments on food.
As we entered the room, I noticed that room lock was not working from inside and room service people said they will fix it but we had to leave for sightseeing immediately after checkin so we had to leave all the luggage and room keys with room service. I requested for room change which was denied right away.
Room lock was fixed as we reached back hotel after sightseeing.
Now was the time to explore washroom. As I entered washroom to attend nature's call I realized it was too congested. If you sit on toilet seat your knees will be under washbasin slab. :-s
As I pressed flush button which was fitted in wall fell down.

Sleep Time : There was lots of disturbance at night. I don't know who was it (staff or other guest)but there was lots of door banging noise

Next Day Morning : I took my kids to bathroom to take bath. My kids dont like to bath in shower so I wanted to use bucket but then I realized shower to tap switch button was broken and it was only shower that we could use (I didn't complain because we were about to checkout). So I had to use washbasin tap to fill the bucket.

Location is good. Near to Sukhna Lake, Rock Garden.

Final Verdict : Service was good, rooms were clean, washroom was congested and in semi-working state. You can get better hotel in same price or by putting little bit extra (300-500rs). We checked in to The Aroma Classic a day after and got much better rooms but putting this little extra and got welcome drink with a platter of cookies, 1 mineral water and buffet breakfast complementary.

Thanks
Ravinder Pal Singh

Room Tip: Try some other hotel
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Ravinder S
Rajpura, India
Reviewed May 28, 2014

I stayed in this hotel in april had a comfortable stay. Staff was excellent well behaved , nice spacious rooms with balconies , great service , excellent food and its located in the center of city. Ideal place to stay in chandigarh & would visit it again.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family