“Housekeeping ?”

Ranked #5 of 98 Hotels in Chandigarh
Stockport Uk
“Housekeeping ?”
Reviewed February 13, 2013

The Toy Hotel is quite well situated in Chandigarh,the manager is very friendly and helpfull,the rooms were of a good size and the hotel was one a very few in Chandigarh to offer us 3 beds in the room.We had a meal in the hotel one night which was good,and breakfast was ok.Like many of the hotels we stayed in on our trip the Toy was let down by housekeeping.The rooms was not dirty as such but young lads just don't look behind furniture or under beds and how you can clean carpets with a soft brush I just don't know.Why don't Indian hotels employ females to oversee housekeeping? To be fair to the Toy this was to be a reccurring theme and the Toy was not the worst in this respect

Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
5 Thank malcno
Rakesh M, Manager at The TOY Hotel, responded to this review, February 15, 2013
Dear Valued guest,

Thank you, for your recent stay at The TOY Hotel., Chandigarh and for your valuable feedback on TripAdvisor.
Your positive comments about the hotel and friendly staff is much appreciated. We have noted the concern that you have highlighted regarding the Housekeeping was acceptable & I assure you that in your next visit you will get all these small things sorted out and regarding female house keeper which we had and left due to personal reason also new housekeeper has been selected. Please be assured that the concern has been taken up with Departmental Heads for immediate deliberation and rectification.
Your patronage at The TOY is extremely important to us.
We look forward to welcome you back at The TOY Hotel., Chandigarh.

Yours Sincerely,
Santosh Kumar
Manager
The TOY Hotel., Chandigarh

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (119)
Reviewed February 4, 2013

I planned my daughters first bday party at toy hotel ... It was a gr8 experience .. The food preparation was too gud n d taste was superb !!
The hotel staff was more tha courteous n more concerned that every thing goes well .. Mr Santosh - manager took pains in makin d show a success jus like a family member .. I Hv never seen such service in any other hotel ..
My party went gr8 n my guest returned happy. Me n my husband were completely satisfied n happy that we made d rite choice by opting for toy :) best of luck team ..

• Stayed January 2013
8 Thank GunjanMehraArora
Rakesh M, Manager at The TOY Hotel, responded to this review, February 8, 2013
Dear Guest,

Greetings from The TOY Hotel, chandigarh...!!!

First of all we would like to thank you very much for such an excellent review about us . And it goes to my entire The TOY Hotel Management for serving you best hospitality.

Thanks & Regards,

Santosh Kumar
Manager F&B
The TOY Hotel
Indian from india
Reviewed December 22, 2012

Excellent place to hold your social functions.. kudos to santosh and team for managing the events so well..... the suite rooms are really nice and comfortable....the lounge is uber cooll... and the food tastes excellent... must visit

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
10 Thank kunalsharma
Rakesh M, Manager at The TOY Hotel, responded to this review, February 9, 2013
Dear Sir,
Thank-you very much. My team and I very much appreciate your kind words, and we glad to have been part of your party . I am happy that we were able to make your function with us so enjoyable and you had splendid experience with modern rooms , and our food and excellent service.
With warm regards.
Santosh.Kumar.

F&B Manager
Chennai (Madras), India
Reviewed December 12, 2012

TOY Hotel is located in a shopping plaza and can easily be missed during the day as it does not really stand out. As you walk in you notice the attempts to make it look like a designer hotel... However except for the purple/red and silver colour scheme and an interesting shower room glass partition (wink wink) there is not much in way of design. A disappointment was that I was given a room on a floor where the corridor was being painted. Though the painting job was done the next day I am certain I could have been given a different floor. The breakfast spread is average at best and the couch in the room looked old and stained.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
3 Thank Ramses1983
Noida, India
Reviewed October 25, 2012

I had my engagement ceremony on 21st October and i must say that this hotel is a great place to be at. We came all the way from Delhi for the engagement and i was really pleased with the hospitality that the hotel offered. With a long guest list with us, the hotel staff did managed everything nicely. My special thanks to Mr Pradeep Yadav ( Manager Accommodation) and Mr Santosh for making all arrangements nicely prior to our arrival.

The hotel is very clean , rooms are amazing and spacious. We had a booking for 20 rooms. Its quite amazing to see how well crafted the rooms are. All rooms gives a different impression and are different. The banquet hall is also very nice.

Hotel staff was really courteous and i can say one of the best. Everything that was asked even at 2.00 am in night was provided in the rooms. Food was excellent and delicious. The buffet breakfast was also awesome.

I had stayed in many hotels with star ratings and i must say that the experience at TOY was way better than some of them.

We all had a great time staying at this hotel.
Thanks to the team and Hotel staff for a memorable experience.

Regards

Satpal Mishra

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
7 Thank satpalmishra
Rakesh M, General Manager at The TOY Hotel, responded to this review, October 29, 2012
Dear Mr Satpal, Greetings from The TOY Hotel, chandigarh...!!! first of all we would like to thank you for such a excellent review.The whole team is excited looking at your wonderful feedback & we are sure this will motivate them further to deliver high levels of guest satisfaction.

Thanks & Regards
New Delhi, India
Reviewed August 13, 2012

I stayed in this hotel for more than 2 months during my official assignment at Chandigarh. In fact I shifted to this hotel from another hotel officially booked for me, just for simple reason that I found the rooms of this hotel relatively spacious and more comfortable. The rooms are spacious, comfortable and clean. The staff is also very courteous and ready to go extra mile to serve the guests better. The breakfast is also tasty and good. The management of the hotel is also committed to ensure the comfort and quality of service to the guests. I simply recommend the hotel as it offers value for money.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Cleartrip

7 Thank AnuragJohari
Rakesh M, General Manager at The TOY Hotel, responded to this review, August 15, 2012
Dear Mr Johri, Greetings from The TOY Hotel, chandigarh.First of all we would like to thankyou for such a wonderful feedback. It will be our continuous endeavor to maintain our services. So, that you keep enjoying our hospitality.Thank you for letting other people know about us & our services.

Thanks & Regards
Mumbai
Reviewed August 6, 2012

I have been travelling a lot and this time it was Chandigarh.I just loved this Hotel.This designer Boutique Hotel was simply the best.The location was nice, the food was excellent and the staff were just simply the best and very courteous.The Buffet Breakfast was simply awesome.I booked my room online from the Hotels own website and got a fantastic rate including Buffet Breakfast ,I really wasnt sure how good this Hotel was, but when I seen the reviews on TripAdvisor I was quite impressed.I thought the rooms would be costly, but they were real value for money with good amenities provided.I would recommend this Hotel to all business & family travellers,as it was really worth it and the staff out here take real good care.Goodluck to the Toy Hotel & all its team members ....

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
7 Thank itsharvey
Rakesh M, General Manager at The TOY Hotel, responded to this review, August 8, 2012
Dear Guest, Greetings from The TOY Hotel, chandigarh.. First of all we would like to thank you for your excellent review.The TOY TEAM is excited to read such a wonderful feedback.We are sure this will motivate them further to deliver high level of guest satisfaction.

With warm Regards