“hotel amenities are great...staff needs work”

JW Marriott Hotel Chandigarh
Ranked #1 of 100 Hotels in Chandigarh
Indianapolis, Indiana
“hotel amenities are great...staff needs work”
Reviewed August 31, 2014

This is my favorite hotel to stay in India and the rooms are clean and smell fresh. The breakfast buffet and Italian restaurant is the best of a mainstream hotel in India. This is my second time staying in the particular hotel.

The staff, on the other hand needs improvement. From my visit in August, my room was charged for meals and laundry I did not purchase. Checkout is excruciating and painfully slow.

I woud stay here again if I am in Chandigarh...but doing so requires that I call and confirm that I have a non-smoking room and I keep track of my room charges.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (262)
Chandigarh, India
Reviewed August 29, 2014

Dinning with India restaurant saffron had a wonderful experience to made our evening enjoyable and got a nice service by saffron guys so that was a very good moment for us.again I would like to thanks each and every one for making our evening unforgettable and personal touch.............

Ahmedabad, India
Reviewed August 27, 2014

Finally luxury arrives @ Chandigarh
Amazing hospitality, infrastructure, facilities & dining

First the pros
- Excellent dining options
- Among the best Italian food in India @ Oregano restaurant - after dining at over a dozen best italian restaurants of the country....
- Great pool & JW Fitness gym
- Nice spacious rooms - well thought out
- Easily among the best in Chandigarh with service quality at par with other JW marriotts in India (Although yet to meet outside India standards)

The cons
- Some of the rooms/flooring/bathrooms showing signs of ageing (poor maintenance maybe!) - I can say that JW Marriott Pune/Mumbai are older properties but dont show such signs yet....
- Chandigarh Baking co. products are not as fresh as they should be (not matching Pune Baking co. or the prestigious Bombay baking co.)
- Spa is average - Good infrastructure - but needs more detailing (taking consent, taking information on health records etc. before the treatment)
- I had taken an appointment for INDOCEANE Therapy previous day & when I arrive at my appointment day, I am informed that the treatment scrub is not available!
- Neither was I taken any consent before using the gym.
- Spa treatment room 1 is noisy & gets noise from the gym which shares a common wall with the spa (A wrong thing to have I believe - having noisy areas like the gym close to the spa)

Overall an amazing experience but needs some more detailing on managing the finer aspects of a five star deluxe hotel.

Marriott team keep it up & keep it going. very well done indeed.
Pls do forward a copy to the GM of the property

Room Tip: Higher floors offer a better view avoid 5th floor which has the gym & the spa.
Reviewed August 26, 2014

We love eating at cafe at jw. Great breakfast. We also love eating at Oregano. Antonillo is a great chef and makes some of the best orginal Italian food. Some of the folks that helped us was Manoj, Krishna, Jaspreet, Gujant and Deepak. So many more were helpful but these are the ones we remembered. Thanks again for a wonderful time.

• Stayed August 2014
Dehradun, India
Reviewed August 23, 2014

My stay at JW Marriot was the best so far compared to any five star properties I have patronised in Chandigarh. Excellence in all aspects from stay, food, terrace swimming pool, recreational facilities, the chefs, reception, housekeeping and kudos to the management for making this property as truly one of India's best. I had booked myself for 1 day but extended my stay for another day and was delighted to be serviced by one of the best team in the hotel business...Excellence and serviced with humility is how the JW team greets you. For foodie lovers you would love their world class cuisine at the Buffet spread and the authentic restaurant brand Saffron. A must visit for regulars to Chandigarh and a definitely must for 1st timers. A very special mention for the entire team at JW for taking care of my 10 months old infant child...sous chef arora, housekeeping team, room service and service staff arun and rana. a special mention of mr. ravi at the front desk for heeding to our request for a non-smoking room despite the heavy rush he was facing on that day.

Room Tip: All rooms are excellent as this hotel believes in excellence. However for NON- Smokers, I strictly s...
2 Thank Rohit76
Reviewed August 21, 2014

It was a memorable experience to stay in JW Marriott Chandigarh, with great service from the staff. I went with my family & parents and got accommodation in their spacious executive suite. The staff in the concierge lounge were so kind and gave us a royal treatment by serving us snacks and offered guidance in making different drinks e.g. virgin mojito. In addition, they entertained the kids with the choice of their snacks in the late hours.. The swimming pool was on the top level that looked splendid. The breakfast buffet was equipped with lots of food varieties and everyone in our family enjoyed each and every moment spent in the hotel.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family