“awesome hotel”

Ranked #1 of 100 Hotels in Chandigarh
Jodhpur, India
“awesome hotel”
Reviewed January 11, 2014

The rooms are very comfortable and serves the purpose of a good stay with a good service to support the same. The food at this place is also delicious with the dinner buffer serving also.

My room overlooked a small courtyard so was extremely quiet and allowed me to get a good sleep every night. Housekeeping was seamless - they never intruded yet had my room cleaned and turned down at the right times. I had a daily buffet breakfast included in my room rate - the buffet had an excellent variety of food - both Indian and western choices - very tasty. And the service at the JW Marriott was top notch - all the staff went out of their way to ensure I was comfortable during my stay and showed so much hospitality. In particular, Manoj Sharma, the Chief Concierge, was exceptional - always available and going out of his way to help me and my family. thnkxx guyzz

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank karan143singh
DeepakManocha, General Manager at JW Marriott Hotel Chandigarh, responded to this review, January 12, 2014
Dear Mr. Singh,

Thank you for your review on Trip Advisor for the JW Marriott, Chandigarh!

I am pleased to see that you enjoyed your overall experience at the hotel. Your words of praise increase the enthusiasm of our team. I am glad that you enjoyed the breakfast at our restaurant, The Café @ JW.

We hope to see you again soon

Deepak Manocha

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (265)
Shillong, India
Reviewed January 11, 2014

I stayed at the Marriott in Sep-Oct 13 and I must say I was pleasantly surprised by the quality of service, standard of upkeep of rooms and excellent food served. Generally at least one of them is found lacking....The rooms are well designed for functionality, huge and had all the right things at the correct place. I fumbled a bit with the switches but once I got a hang of them, it was smooth sailing. The best part was that everything worked and yes the Internet speeds were good. Food was very tasty and the staff were very helpful with the wide variety on offer at the buffet. Overall a splendid place and hope to return soon!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Dear Mr. Mprabs,

Greetings from JW Marriott Chandigarh!

Thank you for your valuable feedback.

It is feedbacks such as given by you go a long way in motivating my team of great associates that we are heading a right way.

Thank you for staying with us and we hope to have an opportunity to serve you again.

Bangalore
Reviewed January 10, 2014

We went to the JW hotel for a family reunion lunch and it was a good experience thoroughly enjoyed by all of us. We also went around and checked out the Gym and Spa which seemed well appointed. The staff was generally courteous and the buffet spread met our expectations, though they should look at adding a couple of 'live counters' also. The dessert spread was v good and the oriental food was also nice. An area if improvement is the time taken to set up the buffet. Going by international standards they should be ready by noon or latest 12.30 pm. The pricing is also quite reasonable.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Dear Mr. Nashp,

Thank you for your review on Trip Advisor for the JW Marriott, Chandigarh!

My team and I aim at delivering exemplary hospitality and exceed expectations for all our guests.
Your feedback with regards to the Café @ JW have been already actioned please do visit again to see the changes.

Hyderabad, India
Reviewed January 5, 2014

This property is in very close proximity to the market place which is a great advantage if you want to explore some local Chandigarh. The rooms are very comfortable and serves the purpose of a good stay with a good service to support the same.

The food at this place is also delicious with the dinner buffer serving a large variety of dishes to taste every taste bud.

Overall a good place to stay in the heart of the city.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
DeepakManocha, General Manager at JW Marriott Hotel Chandigarh, responded to this review, January 7, 2014
Dear Sudeepskcg,

Greetings from JW Marriott Chandigarh!

Thank you for the feedback pertaining to hotel and the buffet at Café @ JW.

I look forward to welcoming you back at the JW Marriott Chandigarh.

Seattle, Washington
Reviewed January 4, 2014

I stayed at the JW Marriott in Chandigarh for 5 days while attending a family wedding. The service, rooms, and food were excellent - top notch for both India and by international standards. I arrived at the hotel early in the morning coming off a 20+ hour international flight and the front desk staff were very accommodating in getting me checked into a room early. The rooms were incredibly spacious and modern - huge bathroom, lots of closet space, and very comfortable bed. The shower water pressure was also very good. My room overlooked a small courtyard so was extremely quiet and allowed me to get a good sleep every night. Housekeeping was seamless - they never intruded yet had my room cleaned and turned down at the right times. I had a daily buffet breakfast included in my room rate - the buffet had an excellent variety of food - both Indian and western choices - very tasty. And the service at the JW Marriott was top notch - all the staff went out of their way to ensure I was comfortable during my stay and showed so much hospitality. In particular, Manoj Sharma, the Chief Concierge, was exceptional - always available and going out of his way to help me and my family. A fine example of excellent service and hospitality! The hotel is also conveniently located near the airport and shopping too. An excellent property with great service - I look forward to coming back for my next trip to Chandigarh!

Room Tip: For an extra quiet room, request a room facing the inner courtyard and away from elevators. But, al...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Dear Guest,

Greetings from JW Marriott Chandigarh!

Thank you for the feedback pertaining to hotel and its staff.

I look forward to welcoming you back at the JW Marriott Chandigarh.

Pune, India
Reviewed December 30, 2013

I stayed at JWM Chandigarh during Dec 2013 during a business visit, on arrival at around 12:30 hrs a lady at front desk collected my information and asked to wait for 10 min since room was not ready, however they made me wait till almost 14:00 hrs to get the room, after a tiring flight it was really difficult and nobody at JWM cared about it. On second night of my stay after a tiring workday when I returned back to hotel my room key was not working when I contacted hotel staff for a replacement room key for 15 minutes nobody turned up still after taking 3 to 4 follow up through telephone provided on floor, at last I have to go to front desk to get the room key corrected. On checkout the same lady forgot to return my credit card till a colleague reminded me that probably I have not collected my credit card, on my surprise the lady was not expressed any apology when I asked for my credit card.
Not so good experience with the hotel staff however rooms, food point of view it is a good hotel.

1 Thank Bharat188
Dear Mr. Bharat,

We thank you for sharing your feedback on Trip advisor about your recent stay with us and such feedback like yours helps us understand your expectations and gives us an opportunity to improve our services.

We have shared your feedback with the team and corrective training measures have been put in place.

Thank you once again for making the effort and giving us the feedback and reassure you that the teams at JW Marriott Chandigarh are focused to provide the very best service for our valued guests.

I look forward to see you once again at JW Marriott Chandigarh soon and I would like to make sure that you have a comfortable and enjoyable experience with us in your next visit.”

mumbai
Reviewed December 24, 2013

owned by the great leaders marriott is the right place and hence was chosen for networking dinner for platinum members of progressive punjab summit this month which attracted investments beyond 50k cr as claimed by them. Overall a grat and majestic hotel and classy enough for the city

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
DeepakManocha, General Manager at JW Marriott Hotel Chandigarh, responded to this review, January 2, 2014
Dear Manish,

Greetings from JW Marriott Chandigarh!

This has reference the feedback of your previous stay at JW Marriott Chandigarh. I would like to take the opportunity to thank you for taking out time to share your inputs and comments.

It is feedbacks such as given by you that keeps the team motivated and encourages them to continue to deliver guest experiences.

Do let me know if there is anything else I can do to make your stay comfortable for future and I look forward to welcoming you back at the JW Marriott Chandigarh.