“Worst experience ever”

Ranked #90 of 100 Hotels in Chandigarh
Pune
“Worst experience ever”
Reviewed May 29, 2012

I had done all the booking through a travel company and received vouchers for all the hotels in Shimla, Manali, Chandigad. We were two couples and two rooms were booked at all locations. When we reached at Silky Resorts, we were told that we have booking for only one room. After talking to the travel company, we understood that the booking voucher is system generated and the same booking confirmation remains in Hotel's system which leads to conclusion that Hotel made mistake of overbooking. But Manager of Silky Resort was refusing to admit it. After lot of debate, he gave (adjusted) on room for us. Unfortunately me and wife were the ones who received 'adjusted' room. When we entered in to the room, we realized that there is weird smell which would come only when the room is not is use for very long time. But Hotel claimed that this room is being used regularly and the last guest checked out yesterday. Bathroom ceiling had leakage. Lamps at the side of bed were not working. The ceiling Fans regulator was not working and it was spinning with full speed. I started the AC and waited for 20 minutes for room to cool down to 16 degrees. But realized that AC does not seem to work. I called the room service 3-4 times before anyone actually arrived in the room for investigation. The person who came in said " Sir AC to chal raha hai , muze to bohot thanda lag raha hai" (AC is working and I feel the cold air). I told him that this AC for sure not working and asked him to send in the electrician to find out the cause. After multiple followups, the electrician came and said the same thing that AC is working. I told him that I am 200% sure that compressor is not working for this AC and asked him to take me to compressor location and if the compressor is working, I will pay him the rooms rent. We went to the terrace, it was dark there. He switched on the light on his mobile, acted as if he is searching for the correct compressor. All the compressors had room numbers on it. He found one which did not have the number on it and told me that this the room 108's compressor. That was working. This ensured that electrician is trying to deceive me by showing wrong compressor. I switched my mobiles light and searched for correct compressor with room number 108 on it. As expected it was off. Still electrician had to say that the number could be wrong. At this point I had lost control, I went straight to manager and told him everything. We had checked in at 8 and it was 9:30. Manager asked us to have dinner by the time which he would do 'something'. After dinner at 10:30 at the reception we asked for the progress. The person at the reception said that AC cannot be repaired this late. I demanded explanation on why manager told us that he would look into it. I asked him to call the manager. He said the manager has left for the day. I asked him to call on him mobile. Over the call he said the AC cannot be repaired and claimed that AC stopped working in the after noon and he was not aware of it while allocating the room to us. I asked one simple question, "what would you do if same thing happens to you while you are the customer at any other hotel and unknow location, would you accept this ? " On which he said " no" . But was unable to give any solution. I then called up my travel company. They told me to get all the facts in written and ask hotel to seal it so they can take up the matter later. I again called the manager. It was 11:55 PM. This time Manager started sounding less like manager and more like WWF fighter. The words he used are as follows " Dekho boss, apke travel agent ne galati ki hai, he is sitting in Mumbai, yahan pe hum dono hai, mai co-operate karna chahta hun, aap bhi karo" (look man, your travel agent has made a mistake and I am trying co-operate and you do the same ). He refused to give written statement. At this point he said there is one room with AC where guest has not arrived which I can use for the night. I told him that 12 in the night is not the time for room change and I refused. The call went on for very long time, he refused to give me refund too. I would urge all the reader to avoid going in this hotel. The reason is, if any hotel is short of rooms, they are supposed to arrange for one in the near by hotels rather than dumping unused and under repair rooms on to customers who have spent hard earned money on travel.

Room Tip: other than 108