“Wow! Fantastic!”

Mumbai
3 attraction reviews
“Wow! Fantastic!”
Reviewed June 20, 2012 via mobile

I heard about Mr. Nek Chand and his wonderful creation a long time ago and had been looking forward to an opportunity to visit the place ever since. Recently, as I happened to be in Amritsar I made it a point to visit CHG. I was lucky to find a good automan and the first thing I did was to go to the Rock Garden. The first few moments spent in the garden were rather disappointing since the items on display were nothing extraordinary, but as my journey progressed I was simply spellbound by various sections of the garden. No doubt there is nothing artistic about the objects but the hard work, patience and dedication put in by the creator over the years was amazing and incredible. And to realize that all this was the work of a single individual was indeed unbelievable. In this context I find that the comments of certain individuals that it was boring and a waste of time were rather uncharitable. As for me my trip to CHG which has nothing much else to offer made my day solely bdished of the visit to the Rock Garden. Long live Mr. Nek Chand (hope he is still around) and hats off to him!

Bujji

4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 19 helpful votes
“Easily avoidable...”
Reviewed June 20, 2012

With great expectation we landed at the World famous Rock Garden of Chandigarh. More than anything, it looks more like a `bhool-bholiaya'. Hardly anything worth the interest...only towards the nd...when u have actually given up....the interesting part of the rock garden comes!! These are the small-small statues which have been made with old broken stuff....they are loads of them placed at short-short distances...but no denying, they look quite interesting...but believe me, you need to have lot of patience to reach that level. I had met quite a few visitors who had gone back even before reaching them...so, one suggestion- if you decide to visit the Rock Garden- then, hold on to your patience- and go till the end!!

mumbai
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“good to see for 1 time”
Reviewed June 18, 2012

rock garden is beautiful & Extra ordinary place to see..that you never had seen before..but it have to see 1 time.. 2nd time you will get bored..

Manipal, India
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 57 helpful votes
“Learning experience”
Reviewed June 15, 2012

We never knew that the waste we usually throw out could go to create something so beautiful. The sheer number of waste items makes the place worth seeing. We even saw cement bags which had got wet in the rain (and hence considered useless) being used in making the walls. Terrific place and message.

Visited April 2012
Gurugram (Gurgaon), India
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“wonderful”
Reviewed June 15, 2012

Definitely a must see for anyone visiting Chandigarh.....it is so different from any other garden! A herculean task taken by the gentleman.....my teenaged children also enjoyed it as much as we did. One word of caution...if possible, try not to go around dusk, as the stagnant water there has bred many mosquitoes.