“Nice place to visit”

Book In Advance
More Info
$63.00*
and up
Chandigarh Private Day Trip from New Delhi...
Ranked #2 of 71 things to do in Chandigarh
Reviewed July 23, 2011

Was quite interesting, the art work made of rock, great place for a nice walk through. Must see if you are visiting Chandigarh!
I must admit, not everyone will like it, but if you love art, Rock garden will make you feel its mystical atmoshere.

2  Thank Kakizuka
Write a ReviewReviews (2,868)
All reviews
in 207 reviews
"scraps"
in 118 reviews

Reviewed June 3, 2011

The Rock Garden is situated in the heart of city. It is bit boring but may be of interest of the one inclined toward art. At the end of the long and unending walk you feel everything is nothing but stone , stone and more of stone.
Ensure that you carry adequate and enough supply of water with you as the walk takes close to two hours and you may end up feeling thirsty.
Netram has done a wonderful job as sculptor and you are also amzaed at the patience which he has to carve so many things.

2  Thank abhijitsane
Reviewed April 5, 2011

I've been here twice now, once a few years ago with my cousins whilst I was in India & once in December gone with my wife, mother, sister & friend from England. Overall everyone else enjoyed it more than me.

That's not to say I didn't like it but towards the end of the route it seems to be more of the same thing over and over again, plus you have to go back on yourself to get out.

I prefered the places with the water-features more than any of the others & you can get some pretty good pictures.

My main complaint would be the doors/archways that you have to go through in each section, I'm an average 5 ft 10 & had to bend almost in half to get through them. My sister is 5th 4 & even she had to bend to get through them.

On a side note I would suggest comfortable footwear. Ladies no heels. My sister needed to get here heels repaired & almost feel like 10 times & even my feet started hurting in my Timberlands.

3  Thank Karan1986
Reviewed October 8, 2010

Imagination meets ingenuity and vision at this unique attraction. I wish I had had more time to take in the detail of each display. Don't miss it if you have the opportunity to visit. I visited in early 2008 and look forward to seeing it again someday.