“Manager Navin Rocks”
Review of Hotel Antheia

Hotel Antheia
Ranked #73 of 106 Hotels in Chandigarh
Reviewed December 24, 2012

Last week i booked a room through makemytrip.com and wen i actually reached here and saw the hotel, it was much upto or can say exceeded my expectations....the staff treated us very nicely especially their manager Mr Navin who made us felt just like a home away from home...he guided as in all proper way to where to go around in the city and even booked a cab for us and when we came back tired, to our surprise he arrange for our dinner inside our room... I cant say about the odds other people have written in the review but for me its a Destination Hotel when ever i will visit Chandigarh again...Thanks Hotel Antheia

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank esspeemann
hotelAntheia, General Manager at Hotel Antheia, responded to this reviewResponded January 31, 2017

It is a pleasure to read that you enjoyed your recent experience with us. I am glad that my team could make your stay comfortable. It was a pleasure to have you as our guests and I hope you will give us more chances to be of service to you in the near future. We look forward to welcoming you soon again.

Reviewed July 30, 2012

Room confortable by indian strandarts, but noisy air conditionning, particularly when the compressor switches on et off, so don't expect sleeping without efficient ear-plugs. Very dirty windows covered by manure from the pigeons who also elected this hotel for they (long) stay.

Clean room but dirty common areas (bar, restaurant) with worn out furniture that was probabley never cleaned since its purchase.

Avoid the restaurant, where I got my only ( and severe) food intoxication in India (total cumulated stays > 4 months, eating frequently in very basic places). We were the only customers, potatoes were rotted, and the output is definitely insufficient to warranty the freshness of the ingredients, although it charges about the double of the usual price. There is a kind of self-service restaurant 2 blocks behind the hotel, which is definitely a far better value.

To note that the hotel insisted in charging me my meal although is was only poisoning and let me lose and suffer one full day because of illness

Nothing useful aroud like shops, cyber-cafe, or bars. There are definitely beter places to stay in Chandigarh.

Room Tip: chose another hotel
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
5  Thank pvull

We are disappointed to see your feedback. We obviously have failed in ensuring that you have a great overall experience and I sincerely apologize for this. We are very sorry to read that your stay at our hotel didn´t completely fulfilled your expectations and we want to apologize for the inconvenience. We have taken steps to learn from your feedback. I do hope you will come and visit us again to experience our services at their best. We look forward to welcoming you back again.

Reviewed February 20, 2012

I stayed at this hotel recently with my wife. First, I found that the room was neat and clean. The hotel was centrally located at Sector 34 and we had very conveniently located the hotel at Dakshin Marg from quite a distance. But to our horror, the room we were provided did not have any window. There was no balcony. The hotel staff was not cooperative, perhaps I did not give them any tip right at the beginning (as I did not have a hundred rupee note). They did not obey my instructions on telephone or in person. They did not provide proper bed to my driver. Thank God I was booked for a day only and at the very first opportunity I checked out the hotel. I felt a great relief in leaving the hotel.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank pratnaparkhi

Reviewed July 23, 2011

I was booked into this hotel as for some reason there was a rush for hotels that night in Chandigarh. There was some kind of a stench in the hotel. The room was not very clean, the floor was probably not mopped for a few days and the linen had stains. At night there was a loud crowd, trays of empty plates and beer bottles lying outside rooms uncleared. I would've checked out instantly had it not been for the compulsion to stay there. Only saving grace was a good lounge very close to the hotel where one could spend a good evening. Stay away from this one.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled on business

Reviewed March 25, 2011

We stayed there in February in this rather strange (for India) city. It is the state capital and a 'new town' so one would expect hotels of this status to be top quality for the price charged. The staff were friendly and helpful but it was the first hotel we encountered in India on this trip where everything did NOT work. The problem was hot water. We were assured that the water was solar heated and hot at all times. Ours remained stubornly cold, despite the heat outside beginning to build. On complaining we were told by Reception 'Just ring us ten minutes before you want hot water and we will arrange it'. Strange for solar heating! When we called for hotwater a man duly appeared in our room and played with the taps - as I had already done. Baffled he went away, not to return. I should say here that above the shower was a conventional electric boiler with all of the pipes disconnected.

A further complaint to reception brought the same answer and pursued to find out why the man could not fix it produced silence. The sequence was repeated the next day and then we gave up. A shame - its a modern hotel and not bad in many ways but overpriced as it seems is the case in most of Chandigarh. We couldn't really recommend it - they seem to deny they have a problem.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank cravens37

Thank you for taking out valuable time to post your review. We obviously have failed in ensuring that you have a great overall experience and I sincerely apologize for this. we have taken steps to learn from your and other guest feedback. I do hope you will come and visit us again to experience our services at their best.

Reviewed February 25, 2011

We stayed her because all the other hotels in this city were full. We used this hotel for a business meeting and overnight stop. It was fine and the staff were extremely nice and friendly. However, this is a very basic place with average rooms with reasonable beds. The bathroom was clean but we could not shower as there was no hot water. The hotel did boil some water when we complained. However, this was not really good enough. The breakfast was simple. We did not try any other food as you can get really nice South Indian Vegetarion food everywhere. It is not up to European standards but suited us given we could find nowhere else. We would usually stay somewhere a little more upmarket. If you want a budget option this is safe and ok.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled on business
2  Thank WandaSlack

Thank you for your taking the time to provide your kind feedback. I am glad to see your comments on the overall quality of our features and services. We have taken steps to learn from your feedback. I do hope you will come and visit us again to experience our services at their best. We look forward to welcoming you back again.

Reviewed January 30, 2011

Arrived after midnight after gruelling journey, delayed from Delhi- young lad on reception had waited for us and porter too - nothing too much trouble - showed us to v.pleasing room, served us a beer and (I had lost a filling) very kindly took details and booked me in with a dentist the next morning to get the tooth filled before we headed for the Kalka train that we needed to get at lunchtime. I recommend this hotel because (although quitea tut tut ride from station, they could not have been more helpful and friendly.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled as a couple